2023 NBA Play-in Tournament Thread

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lmao. Called it. Anyone who saw that game would tell while there was some good d by the lakers, this game was lost by the twolves because no one wanted to shoot it. They were a deer in the headlights
Watched both games and it seems the NBA is working. All four of those teams are trash and deserve to be there, it was like watching Highschool ball. Soo many turnovers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good lord. The media spin is the Lakers D totally locked down the T wolves.

What a bunch of crap. The twolves weren't even running an offense that needed to be stopped at the end of the game, they were just playing hot potato at the top of the circle all afraid to shoot than jacking up a crappy shot. That choke job had nothing to do with the Lakers Defense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skip is declaring Lakers in 6 over the Grizz already after that debacle.

Are these people stupid or just blind. How could anyone watch that game last night and think the Lakers could win even one game against the Grizz let alone 4 out of 6.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Are these people stupid or just blind. How could anyone watch that game last night and think the Lakers could win even one game against the Grizz let alone 4 out of 6.
Lakers still have the 2 best team players in the series. Memphis is a young team missing two key bigs. JJJ is going to have to stay out of foul trouble. The Grizz “should” win but it won’t be a sweep.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am not convinced the Lakers can beat the Grizzlies. However, with a healthy AD/LeBron combo, and the rebuilding of the bench? This is not the same Lakers team that started the season. It's not impossible IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not convinced the Lakers can beat the Grizzlies. However, with a healthy AD/LeBron combo, and the rebuilding of the bench? This is not the same Lakers team that started the season. It's not impossible IMO.
Lebron and AD won't even stay healthy for the whole series.

Not to mention Lebron is turning the ball over like crazy as of late. Their supposed greatness is way overblown just because they used to be good and are playing for the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Watching AD and Lebron, they do not look like the players of old.

AD doesn't elevate well and Lebron has to get a running start to dunk. Lebron's best weapon is to plow through players and the 3-point shot.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chuck agrees, wolves choked, lakers won by default.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lebron and AD won't even stay healthy for the whole series.

Not to mention Lebron is turning the ball over like crazy as of late. Their supposed greatness is way overblown just because they used to be good and are playing for the Lakers.
While LeBron might be having a stretch of careless turnovers, he’s still at a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio and is averaging 29 a game on 50% shooting. Is he the same player, of course not. But even his “demise” or downfall puts him in the top 15 players in the league.

AD had his best shooting season of his career and averaged 26-12. They’re still a top 3 duo in the league with KD/Book and Tatum/Brown.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While LeBron might be having a stretch of careless turnovers, he’s still at a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio and is averaging 29 a game on 50% shooting. Is he the same player, of course not. But even his “demise” or downfall puts him in the top 15 players in the league.

AD had his best shooting season of his career and averaged 26-12. They’re still a top 3 duo in the league with KD/Book and Tatum/Brown.

That's interesting because they look like crap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's interesting because they look like crap.

The Lakers looked very beatable.

Unfortunately, the Timberwolves were down Gobert, McDaniels and Naz Reid. Their starters ran out of gas.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by the refs in Wolves - Lakers game. They could have thrown more fouls on KAT or Ant early, but they didn't. They even called fouls on LeBron so it was an exciting game. Can't ask for more. Too bad the Wolves didn't win it. Would have been sweet. I think both Lakers and Grizz can win in their matchup. Kind of hope the Lakers win actually, because the Grizz needs a kick in the balls and someone can bounce the Lakers in the next round.

The first round for us vs the Clippers can go either way I feel. I expect us to fall behind or win close games in the first couple of games, and we'll see how it goes. I wonder if Monty will make adjustments during a series this year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by the refs in Wolves - Lakers game. They could have thrown more fouls on KAT or Ant early, but they didn't. They even called fouls on LeBron so it was an exciting game. Can't ask for more. Too bad the Wolves didn't win it. Would have been sweet. I think both Lakers and Grizz can win in their matchup. Kind of hope the Lakers win actually, because the Grizz needs a kick in the balls and someone can bounce the Lakers in the next round.

The first round for us vs the Clippers can go either way I feel. I expect us to fall behind or win close games in the first couple of games, and we'll see how it goes. I wonder if Monty will make adjustments during a series this year.

I'm actually kind of glad the Lakers won because I thought they stood a fair shot taking out Denver. Denver seems pretty beatable and that puts the Lakers in the other bracket so we won't see them unless they somehow make the Western Conference Finals, which isn't happening. I'd rather have Denver in round 2.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kind of wish there was a best of 3 series between the 8 and 9 seeds instead of the 7-10 play in.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
It’s both funny and ironic how much conversation a crappy high school team like the Lakers can generate on an opposing team’s messaging board. Lakers livin in some of y’all’s heads for far too long lol. Enjoy the Suns.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It’s both funny and ironic how much conversation a crappy high school team like the Lakers can generate on an opposing team’s messaging board. Lakers livin in some of y’all’s heads for far too long lol. Enjoy the Suns.
I have more than enough energy to support the Suns and hate on the Lakers at the same time. Thanks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lol, big talk coming from a Laker fan who posts in a Suns forum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was skeptical of the play-in tournament past the Bubble but I’ve come around to see it as a stroke of genius by Adam Silver. Makes the races at the end of the year up in the air, ads intrigue for who’s going to play who and some of these play-in games have just been dripping with drama.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching this insane collapse is taking some of the shine off Nick Nurse.

I don't get how the Raptors were so bad this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave