2023 Draft - Could it be Raining CBs

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
WalterFootball's Latest Mock has 6 CBs going in R1, with Cards doubling up and taking a CB in both R1 and R2. If both were studs, how would you feel about Cards solidifying that position with 2 young quality CBs? Do our other needs make that scenario an impossibility?

It does seem that there are a few teams emphasizing having 2 shut down corners on their team.

"Teams that have two CBs who each could be CB1 on other teams. All four of these teams possess the ability to play man-to-man, in zone coverage, create turnovers, and lock down a high-end receiver."

Baltimore Ravens: Marcus Peters, Marlon Humphrey​

Miami Dolphins: Xavien Howard, Byron Jones​

Philadelphia Eagles: Darius Slay, James Bradberry​

Green Bay Packers: Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes"

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Desperately need more talent on the O line. I bet we'll be picking in 20s, or at least late teens, and in that territory I think it's okay to go O-line in round one.

I'm not enamored at all by Josh Jones, and I think every spot but LT is unsettled at this point.

Some people are already talking about this year's 6th and 7th round draft picks Smith and Hayes contributing a lot next year, or even starting... based preseason games? come on...

Let's go Steve Keim! If you really want this offense to be lethal, give them a solid starting five up front. In the 2023 draft, give us some proven young talent that will anchor the O-line for a decade.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
All else being equal I'd like to get a center who could fortify the position for the rest of Murray's career and no I don't Price is the long term answer.
Possibilities in rounds 2-3.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take a look at the University of Illinois defensive backs. Could be some good ones.