2023 6th round pick #180 is Kei'Trel Clark CB

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think he's played 100% of snaps all 3 games? I know DBs don't need to be spelled as often as DLs. But he's just a rookie. Those snaps will take their toll at some point.
I believe in the rookie wall. So after week 10 or 12 he'll hit the wall. But I believe the experience he's getting this year will pay dividends in the end. Looks like the kid can play and he is fearless.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe in the rookie wall. So after week 10 or 12 he'll hit the wall. But I believe the experience he's getting this year will pay dividends in the end. Looks like the kid can play and he is fearless.

Yep. I've been there and seen the wall in person.

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
hmmm..

I guess Hamilton has played capably if unspectacularly as Clark's replacement. To my novice eye though, I can't say the pass defense is better with Ham in there.

AH had two passes defensed vs. BLT, but two penalties (holding and PI) as well.

Maybe AH is a little better in run support? But Clark was flying around pretty good on Run D too IIRC.

That's a tough one. Still have high hopes for our sixth round pick from Louisville.

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
hmmm..

I guess Hamilton has played capably if unspectacularly as Clark's replacement. To my novice eye though, I can't say the pass defense is better with Ham in there.

AH had two passes defensed vs. BLT, but two penalties (holding and PI) as well.

Maybe AH is a little better in run support? But Clark was flying around pretty good on Run D too IIRC.

That's a tough one. Still have high hopes for our sixth round pick from Louisville.
I like Hamilton, he plays with physicality. However, he lacks the speed and agility of Clark. Put Hamilton in slot coverage and use Williams and Clark at the corners. Wilson had his shot and we’ve seen the top of his game. It’s not good enough. Hopefully Clark has more to offer with experience. The Cards are going nowhere this season. They must use this time to see who’s part of the future. The upcoming draft has good CBs if Clark doesn’t show improvement.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Hamilton, he plays with physicality. However, he lacks the speed and agility of Clark. Put Hamilton in slot coverage and use Williams and Clark at the corners. Wilson had his shot and we’ve seen the top of his game. It’s not good enough. Hopefully Clark has more to offer with experience. The Cards are going nowhere this season. They must use this time to see who’s part of the future. The upcoming draft has good CBs if Clark doesn’t show improvement.
Apparently the Cardinals view Williams as a nickel and Clark as the outside guy which is why Clark is losing time to Hamilton.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
historically most rookie corners struggle... maybe the coach let him get some reps then pulled him so he can see how others handle what the WR does...can be a good learning tool.
Not sure what to think on Marco Wilson. Kid played his ass off his rookie year...looked like a future all pro....beginners luck I guess.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Yeah in terms of starters, M. Wilson might be the biggest disappointment of the season. Probably is.

And I kind of agree with you Harry. At this point, 1-7, I think it makes sense to get the rooks reps to see what you have in them.

But I guess the coaching staff is still trying to win games, which I also understand. 1-7 is a tough situation.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilson filled the #1 CB role because we didn't have anyone better. Hopefully, next season we'll have a real #1 and we can move MW to #2, and that will give the team a better 'take' on Marco.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wilson filled the #1 CB role because we didn't have anyone better. Hopefully, next season we'll have a real #1 and we can move MW to #2, and that will give the team a better 'take' on Marco.
I think you're gonna see Williams and Clark be given every opportunity to be #1 and #2 for many years...kinda like Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent. Those 2 were absolute studs together for almost a decade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson