2023 3rd round pick #72 is Garrett Williams CB

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I still see Wilson on the opponents top receiver sometimes when they’re playing “man.” I don’t get it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I still see Wilson on the opponents top receiver sometimes when they’re playing “man.” I don’t get it.
Usually corners suffer the most in their rookie season. But we put a load on Wilson making him the #2 across from Murphy and he did pretty well... then he started his 2nd season and looked like he had improved for about 8 games before he kinda hit a sophomore slump... now this season and the guy is just atrocious...could it be the system? I mean, in Philly, JG's system seemed to rely on getting pressure with 4 rushers so backers could assist the secondary....but that usually isn't the case here... also, maybe the mental pressure of being the defacto #1 might be too much for him? The kid is one of the best athletes on the field every week...that alone should have him producing better numbers than he is.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Usually corners suffer the most in their rookie season. But we put a load on Wilson making him the #2 across from Murphy and he did pretty well... then he started his 2nd season and looked like he had improved for about 8 games before he kinda hit a sophomore slump... now this season and the guy is just atrocious...could it be the system? I mean, in Philly, JG's system seemed to rely on getting pressure with 4 rushers so backers could assist the secondary....but that usually isn't the case here... also, maybe the mental pressure of being the defacto #1 might be too much for him? The kid is one of the best athletes on the field every week...that alone should have him producing better numbers than he is.
He's become as bad as Justin Bethel, but without the Special Teams contributions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson