2022 Season Tickets

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already, I have gotten my invoice for 2022 season tickets. This is about 2 months earlier than the past.

There is a "minimal price increase " for the tickets. Mine comes out to be 285 dollars more for 2022 season.

They have moved up the payment deadlines. 1/3rd is due in JANUARY. The rest May 1st or somewhere around there.

Here is my concern. The price increase plus the earlier down payment deadline will mean some long time season ticket holders cannot renew. January is when people have the least amount of money on hand. Others might not be able to take the extra cost. Those tickets will either be bought by brokers or as single game tickets which does not help the opposing fan base problem.

I have had season tickets since 1994. This is the first year where I have thought seriously about not renewing. It started way before this invoice. I have been thinking about it ocassionally all year. Plus, on a personal note, it just hasn't been the same without my friend Dennis. And, it never will be. But that alone would not cause me to not renew.

I probably will renew because I can afford it. But, I think, overall, the season ticket holder experience has gone downhill for years now. Really, the only benefit is getting the same seats.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already, I have gotten my invoice for 2022 season tickets. This is about 2 months earlier than the past.

There is a "minimal price increase " for the tickets. Mine comes out to be 285 dollars more for 2022 season.

They have moved up the payment deadlines. 1/3rd is due in JANUARY. The rest May 1st or somewhere around there.

Here is my concern. The price increase plus the earlier down payment deadline will mean some long time season ticket holders cannot renew. January is when people have the least amount of money on hand. Others might not be able to take the extra cost. Those tickets will either be bought by brokers or as single game tickets which does not help the opposing fan base problem.

I have had season tickets since 1994. This is the first year where I have thought seriously about not renewing. It started way before this invoice. I have been thinking about it ocassionally all year. Plus, on a personal note, it just hasn't been the same without my friend Dennis. And, it never will be. But that alone would not cause me to not renew.

I probably will renew because I can afford it. But, I think, overall, the season ticket holder experience has gone downhill for years now. Really, the only benefit is getting the same seats.
Damn AJ... sorry to hear about your friend Dennis.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think the renewal date matters a whole lot… I didn’t renew mine last year(or send deposit) and they were still calling me asking me for the money if I wanted to renew about 10 days before the season started lol….

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn AJ... sorry to hear about your friend Dennis.
I take my wife when she doesn't work. She has a lot of fun but is clueless about the players and the game itself. Although she has finally figured out first downs and touchdowns. And recognizes Kyler. She just figured out who Chandler Jones is. Progress....is slow.

I have taken a couple of friends who like and know football, but there was litte passion for the Cardinals. Although they did root for them.

Maybe someone here would be interested in splitting with me? If so, PM me. Or, PM me for single games next season.

30 yard line, Cards side, row 4.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take my wife when she doesn't work. She has a lot of fun but is clueless about the players and the game itself. Although she has finally figured out first downs and touchdowns. And recognizes Kyler. She just figured out who Chandler Jones is. Progress....is slow.

I have taken a couple of friends who like and know football, but there was litte passion for the Cardinals. Although they did root for them.

Maybe someone here would be interested in splitting with me? If so, PM me. Or, PM me for single games next season.

30 yard line, Cards side, row 4.
I’ll def grab a game with you in the future brother. Keep me in mind when you have the seat available. I promise I will match your passion.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Makes no sense to start asking for season ticket renewals while the existing regular season is still ongoing. That has always starting in February. I agree with ajcrdfan that January is a terrible time to ask for money. I wonder why the Cards are doing this so early??

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll def grab a game with you in the future brother. Keep me in mind when you have the seat available. I promise I will match your passion.
Of that I have no doubt. Let me know when the schedule comes out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense to start asking for season ticket renewals while the existing regular season is still ongoing. That has always starting in February. I agree with ajcrdfan that January is a terrible time to ask for money. I wonder why the Cards are doing this so early??
They got a 777 to pay for

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got the invoice right after making me pay in advance for the playoffs, it definitely felt like they were leveraging the fans

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
We need to add a 5th seat for the little guy. If we can’t figure out something that works right around where we sit now then I’ll seriously consider being done.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

When I got the invoice right after making me pay in advance for the playoffs, it definitely felt like they were leveraging the fans
I agree with all of this. It’s a very bizarre move after years of much later dates. But like Shane said, the date has always been a mostly soft deadline, and I’m sure they are still going to be flexible if you call and ask.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't even looked at my invoice yet, but did the ticket prices go up or do we just have 11 home games next season? 2 preseason and 9 regular season...?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven't even looked at my invoice yet, but did the ticket prices go up or do we just have 11 home games next season? 2 preseason and 9 regular season...?
We should have 9 as the NFC gets more home games next year after having more away games this year with unbalanced schedule.

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The invoice doesn't even say how many games. My guess is it will be 10. 9 regular season, 1 preseason.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been putting off making this decision. The Cards ticket office has been hounding me for the past 3 weeks and I’ve been holding them off.
Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. But I am not renewing. I’m done. Been feeling this way for a while now, as the game-day experience has been on steady decline over the years. The time out of the day. The traffic. The drunk idiots who are either super annoying opposing fans or totally embarrassing and classless Cards fans…
I have zero desire to spend the time and money on this team. I’ll always be a fan and will watch every game from the comfort of my couch. I’ll probably go to a game here and there. But I’m not longer gonna make the commitment to be a season ticket holder… I’m out.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been putting off making this decision. The Cards ticket office has been hounding me for the past 3 weeks and I’ve been holding them off.
Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. But I am not renewing. I’m done. Been feeling this way for a while now, as the game-day experience has been on steady decline over the years. The time out of the day. The traffic. The drunk idiots who are either super annoying opposing fans or totally embarrassing and classless Cards fans…
I have zero desire to spend the time and money on this team. I’ll always be a fan and will watch every game from the comfort of my couch. I’ll probably go to a game here and there. But I’m not longer gonna make the commitment to be a season ticket holder… I’m out.
Ya, I'm leaning that way too - we've had season tix for 26yrs.

Never been a fan of K1, but now I think I'm done. Too many precious hours out of a busy Sunday to waste on this.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
You won't regret your decision. Gave my season tickets up after 29 0r 30 years 3 seasons ago. The difference is I quit watching the NFL all together. I just come read the board now and then. Members posting keeps dwindling as well. Murray has turned into the type of QB I predicted. Weak, not a leader and will never take this team anywhere. Enjoy the games from home. You can stand to cheer anytime you want without being threatened to be kicked out of your house.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do these idiots really think we are all gonna pay a deposit this week, or this month even after the massive egg that the team laid from November on? I think they need to feel some pressure on this.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, the team asking for renewals this early was a joke. They were trying to capitalize on the team making the playoffs but last night back fired on them.
Last night was one of the first times in a while where I questioned why I put so much time and money into to supporting this team when they don't seem to do the same.
That was one of the most uninspired, unprepared teams I have ever witnessed. A complete embarrassment. The only silver lining is that this game was not at home. Because if it was, with our pay to play plan, we would have wasted a lot of money to make the trip to Phx to most likely witness the same outcome. This team has no heart.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Yep. It's bad enought to deal with all of that alone but when the team can't buy wins at home it just makes it unbearable.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Do these idiots really think we are all gonna pay a deposit this week, or this month even after the massive egg that the team laid from November on? I think they need to feel some pressure on this.
This is the only opportunity the fans have to get their voices heard. Vote with your wallet. Tell them Keim Co. needs to go. Get a consistent winner and they can have your thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. It's bad enought to deal with all of that alone but when the team can't buy wins at home it just makes it unbearable.
The crazy thing is my son is 9 years old now and this was the first year he had started to take an interest in football. Some of that had to do with him starting to play Madden on xbox. But he actually asked to go to the games.
We ended up taking him to the Thursday night Green Bay game and the Monday night Rams game. Of course both were loses in primetime and big let downs for him. He said he didn't want to keep going to games if all they were going to do was lose. I tried to explain to him that there were many other years where we lost all the time, so keep your head up. But It broke my heart to hear my son talking up the Cardinals and Kyler Murray to his friends before the game last night and them going out and laying an egg with such an uninspiring effort.

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after the last five games at home and the playoff game I really don't feel like forking over that much money. Which is a weird feeling after a playoff berth.

But like I said in the original post, it goes beyond the teams performance on the field. I readily renewed after the Dave Mcginnis 3-13 team which was the worst, most embarrassing team in Arizona history. I would echo a lot of what 82 said. The game experience has declined. You pay more, you get less. There was one year they gave you a jersey if you renewed. And it was NICE. Better than the "authentic " Murray I got for Xmas this year. To this day, it looks almost new. I picked Vandenbosch over Plummer, Boston and Lassiter. (IIRC) There were giveaways at the door every single game. Now? You don't even get a program. You get a stupid app.

The home schedule is incredibly strong next year. Every opponent will sell well. So, I am also considering getting the tickets and selling all but a couple of games. Go to a game or to for free, which is around the proper value.

I was down with tickets for life. But I guess things change.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, after the last five games at home and the playoff game I really don't feel like forking over that much money. Which is a weird feeling after a playoff berth.

But like I said in the original post, it goes beyond the teams performance on the field. I readily renewed after the Dave Mcginnis 3-13 team which was the worst, most embarrassing team in Arizona history. I would echo a lot of what 82 said. The game experience has declined. You pay more, you get less. There was one year they gave you a jersey if you renewed. And it was NICE. Better than the "authentic " Murray I got for Xmas this year. To this day, it looks almost new. I picked Vandenbosch over Plummer, Boston and Lassiter. (IIRC) There were giveaways at the door every single game. Now? You don't even get a program. You get a stupid app.

The home schedule is incredibly strong next year. Every opponent will sell well. So, I am also considering getting the tickets and selling all but a couple of games. Go to a game or to for free, which is around the proper value.

I was down with tickets for life. But I guess things change.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Those 5 losses at home were unbearable, even more than crappy seasons (Max Hall anyone?) because the team has felt lifeless and lackadaisical when they should be better. They have not lived up to the potential they showed at the beginning of the year, and that made it exponentially worse. Now it seems pretty obvious there is a coaching staff in control that doesn't do anything to impute the importance of watching tape on our videogame obsessed QB.

To top that off, the actual experience at the stadium this season was awful. Completely removing every outdoor bar and all buy one outside smoking area was the final straw for me - and I don't even smoke anymore. I kept my seats in 102 instead of moving to the middle because I could get outside and breather, get a drink and relax and enjoy the weather if the game was going bad. That made it impossible to escape the lifeless to negative energy in the stadium during those losses. I have no interest in going through that again.

That being said... considering re-upping and selling most games just because there is the chance of getting the super bowl tickets regardless of who ends up playing here....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose