2022 Season Tickets

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Had season tickets back at SDS. Then life with kids started to happen and haven’t even thought about season tickets since. The final straw was a drunk dude behind me when Dallas was in town yelling slurred words, and everyone in my row getting up to go get beer every five seconds. No thank you. Rather watch it from my “suite” at home any day

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Those 5 losses at home were unbearable, even more than crappy seasons (Max Hall anyone?) because the team has felt lifeless and lackadaisical when they should be better. They have not lived up to the potential they showed at the beginning of the year, and that made it exponentially worse. Now it seems pretty obvious there is a coaching staff in control that doesn't do anything to impute the importance of watching tape on our videogame obsessed QB.

To top that off, the actual experience at the stadium this season was awful. Completely removing every outdoor bar and all buy one outside smoking area was the final straw for me - and I don't even smoke anymore. I kept my seats in 102 instead of moving to the middle because I could get outside and breather, get a drink and relax and enjoy the weather if the game was going bad. That made it impossible to escape the lifeless to negative energy in the stadium during those losses. I have no interest in going through that again.

That being said... considering re-upping and selling most games just because there is the chance of getting the super bowl tickets regardless of who ends up playing here....
Didn't even think about the Super Bowl! So I might do what you are doing there.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Already, I have gotten my invoice for 2022 season tickets. This is about 2 months earlier than the past.

There is a "minimal price increase " for the tickets. Mine comes out to be 285 dollars more for 2022 season.

They have moved up the payment deadlines. 1/3rd is due in JANUARY. The rest May 1st or somewhere around there.

Here is my concern. The price increase plus the earlier down payment deadline will mean some long time season ticket holders cannot renew. January is when people have the least amount of money on hand. Others might not be able to take the extra cost. Those tickets will either be bought by brokers or as single game tickets which does not help the opposing fan base problem.

I have had season tickets since 1994. This is the first year where I have thought seriously about not renewing. It started way before this invoice. I have been thinking about it ocassionally all year. Plus, on a personal note, it just hasn't been the same without my friend Dennis. And, it never will be. But that alone would not cause me to not renew.

I probably will renew because I can afford it. But, I think, overall, the season ticket holder experience has gone downhill for years now. Really, the only benefit is getting the same seats.
After last night's debacle, they should be paying you to see the games!

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After last night's debacle, they should be paying you to see the games!
They really screwed up on selling tickets. Putting playoff tickets on sale before we even clinched anything. Pushing up the renewals. You can just feel the overconfidence and arrogance in the thinking. It was like that terrible video they played in the stadium for a few games bragging how they had the #1 record in the NFL.

If they were smart, they would announce that they are pushing back payment dates. But, they aren't smart. As long as the tickets sell, they don't care if it is a long time holder renewing or a ticket broker scooping up more seatx.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I was looking at making a trip out with my grandson to see a game since he's a Cardinal fan thanks to me however I may just put that off a year until I see what takes place after the 2022 season. He's never been to a game and I think he would enjoy it and we would hit the links too. Something else he picked up from me.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, I’ve been putting off making this decision. The Cards ticket office has been hounding me for the past 3 weeks and I’ve been holding them off.
Been a season ticket holder for 20 years. But I am not renewing. I’m done. Been feeling this way for a while now, as the game-day experience has been on steady decline over the years. The time out of the day. The traffic. The drunk idiots who are either super annoying opposing fans or totally embarrassing and classless Cards fans…
I have zero desire to spend the time and money on this team. I’ll always be a fan and will watch every game from the comfort of my couch. I’ll probably go to a game here and there. But I’m not longer gonna make the commitment to be a season ticket holder… I’m out.
Based on your posts I saw this coming a long time ago. Who could blame you? The important thing is how you are feeling? It seems to be hitting everyone.

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may bitch about them, criticize them, and reside on the Dark Side, but I back it up by going to every home game (along with Mrs. BIM).

:jedi:
I just paid 1/3 a couple of hours ago. So I am there with you for next seasons murderers row of a schedule!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose