2022 schedule

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stout, you and I are on the same page. I just don’t see the optimism. The offense went into a cocoon after losing Hopkins. The defense is facing the same deficiencies as last year , maybe worse, and we are facing crazy good offenses this year.
I just don’t see it.
Can we all be just a little honest. As long suffering fans, have we ever really gone into a season being truly optimistic? Even during the best of era’s, either injuries, our D, or our coaching would somehow expose us. During the Coryell years, the D was atrocious. If the offense didn’t bring their A game, we lost. And that pretty much happened in playoffs both in 74 & 75. The same could be said when Lomax was at the top of his game. The D always let us down in crunch time.

The Whiz/Warner years were pretty much the same story. As explosive as the offense could be, we all knew the D would lay an egg when push came to shove. Probably the best opportunity this team had to get to the pinnacle were the early BA years when DWeed was in his prime, Bowles was the DC, and the offense had weapons around around Palmer. And then, not only do we lose Palmer, but we lose our backup too.

And last year, injuries hit the OL, DL, QB, RB, Secondary, etc. And we don’t even have to elaborate on some bad coaching on BOTH sides of the ball when it counted. So, what will this year bring? We do have talent on this team. We would be wrong to discount that. You don’t go 10-2 without being a pretty damn good team. As always though, as Cardinal fans, we’ve been conditioned to pray for the best & expect the worst. I guess it’s just all part of being in love with a cursed franchise.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I have a box which had 32 cigars, each labeled with a team’s logo; if I see the Cardinals win at that team, in-person, it gets smoked. 17 down, 15 to go — with three road opportunities (MIN/DEN/ATL) for me next year. Will also try to make the game in Vegas to complete all 30 current stadiums.
I know that cigar tasted so good after our win in New England. I know mine did. After listening to local radio on the way back to Boston was epic. My son could barely walkthrough the parking lot when we ran into you.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
As long suffering fans, have we ever really gone into a season being truly optimistic?
i go into every season optimistic --

i get 17 weeks of football reality when the season starts, so i try to enjoy the offseason and hope for the best

this team at least has enough going for it that the playoffs are a reasonable expectation

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I know that cigar tasted so good after our win in New England. I know mine did. After listening to local radio on the way back to Boston was epic. My son could barely walkthrough the parking lot when we ran into you.
Was that the one where we got massively lucky after Ryan Williams fumbled the game away? It was like Monday Night Meltdown Part 2 until the very end.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i go into every season optimistic --

i get 17 weeks of football reality when the season starts, so i try to enjoy the offseason and hope for the best

this team at least has enough going for it that the playoffs are a reasonable expectation
You’re missing the word “truly” that I put before optimistic. Yes, I‘m always hopefully optimistic too. And I would never never ever go into a season like some of the darksiders on this board do. And that’s fine. I was even optimistic going into the 2018 season, only to know by halftime that we were the worst team in football. But, unfortunately, I’ve endured too much pain over 58 seasons to be “truly” optimistic. I remember the 74 team that started 7-0 also. They limped into the playoffs too & then got throttled in the 1st round also. This team has left too many scars over the years to be truly trusted.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sparked up a Lewinski?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose