2022 Post draft Re-draft

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please add your own. I'm interested to see what others would do.

There's always a lot of "We should have taken X instead of why" often right after the draft but even more so down the road as players fail and others succeed.

So I thought it would be a bit of fun to see what fans here would have done in Keim's shoes without the benefit of hindsight.

The draft order is at the link below. For the sake of simplicity I think it's better to stick with the draft order we set out with (no trading up or down) but you do have the option of declining the Marquise Brown trade and picking a player at #23 instead, but you lose pick 100.

My own draft

#23 - I'm going to stick with Hollywood Brown. I like Elam there, and Jermaine Johnson, but I think Marquise is going to be good and fill a big need.

#55 - Drake Jackson - I like McBride. He's a good player and a good kid, but the OLB hole is too big. I'm taking Drake Jackson who I pushed for pre draft.

#87 - Dylan Parham - Cam Thomas's tweener skillset concerns me. Parham fills that OG hole.

#100 - Jeremy Ruckert - With no McBride Ruckert fills that role. Sanders seems super raw for round 3 to me.

#201 - Keaontay Ingram - I'm intrigued by Ingrams pedigree and whether he just got lost in the system. So I'll stick with him here.

#215 - Kalia Davis - I like Lecitus Smith, but with Parham DT is a bigger need.

#244 - Justyn Ross - Matthew seems like a big stretch. I'll still the talent over injury risk of Ross in the 7th.

#256 - Mario Goodrich - Clemson CB adds CB depth

#257 - Marquis Hayes

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There's always a lot of "We should have taken X instead of why" often right after the draft but even more so down the road as players fail and others succeed.

So I thought it would be a bit of fun to see what fans here would have done in Keim's shoes without the benefit of hindsight.

The draft order is at the link below. For the sake of simplicity I think it's better to stick with the draft order we set out with (no trading up or down) but you do have the option of declining the Marquise Brown trade and picking a player at #23 instead, but you lose pick 100.

My own draft

#23 - I'm going to stick with Hollywood Brown. I like Elam there, and Jermaine Johnson, but I think Marquise is going to be good and fill a big need.

#55 - Drake Jackson - I like McBride. He's a good player and a good kid, but the OLB hole is too big. I'm taking Drake Jackson who I pushed for pre draft.
I'm not a huge Jackson fan; he's had ample opportunities to produce at a big time program and he hasn't been super productive.

If I was the Cardinals, I use pick #100 and trade up in the 2nd round and take Mafe or Ebiketie.

#87 - Dylan Parham - Cam Thomas's tweener skillset concerns me. Parham fills that OG hole.
I actually would stick with Thomas here. One of the highest pressure percentages of any front seven player in the draft and he offers positional flexibility.
#100 - Jeremy Ruckert - With no McBride Ruckert fills that role. Sanders seems super raw for round 3 to me.
Pick gone due to trade up.
#201 - Keaontay Ingram - I'm intrigued by Ingrams pedigree and whether he just got lost in the system. So I'll stick with him here.
Agree. Low key, Ingram was my favorite pick. Nice size speed combo and he caught the ball a bit in college.
Didn't he have an injury? Not too sure what I would have done here since most of these picks are throwaways anyway. Lecitus was my second least favorite pick because he didn't test too well.
#244 - Justyn Ross - Matthew seems like a big stretch. I'll still the talent over injury risk of Ross in the 7th.
Ross is probably equal to Matthew any way. At least swing for the fences with Hopkins suspension looming.

#257 - Marquis Hayes
I like the Hayes pick where it was at. Good value.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Jackson fan; he's had ample opportunities to produce at a big time program and he hasn't been super productive.

If I was the Cardinals, I use pick #100 and trade up in the 2nd round and take Mafe or Ebiketie.

I actually would stick with Thomas here. One of the highest pressure percentages of any front seven player in the draft and he offers positional flexibility.

Pick gone due to trade up.

Agree. Low key, Ingram was my favorite pick. Nice size speed combo and he caught the ball a bit in college.

Didn't he have an injury? Not too sure what I would have done here since most of these picks are throwaways anyway. Lecitus was my second least favorite pick because he didn't test too well.

Ross is probably equal to Matthew any way. At least swing for the fences with Hopkins suspension looming.

I like the Hayes pick where it was at. Good value.

Do you're own then! ;)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Ok, I'll play.

Stick with Hollywood trade for #23.

Nick Bonitto at #55 (Drake Jackson a close 2nd).

I like Dylan Parham at #87 too.

Perrion Winfrey at #100.

Kellen Diesch (OT - ASU) at #201

Josh Jobe (CB - Alabama) at #215

Marquise Hayes at #244

Justyn Ross at #256

Either Jalen Wydermeyer (TE - Tx A&M) or a RB (D'vonte Price, Sincere McCormick or Jerrion Eary) at #257.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My own draft

#257 - Marquis Hayes
I would have taken Linderbaum, but other than that great redraft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the problem with these is that you know who will be available when -- its like playing blackjack knowing the dealers cards

now get off my lawn

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
R1 - Jermaine Johnson DE if no trade. Other picks would be the same though.

R2 - Travis Jones, DT - (funny, I would have loved McBride any other year except this one since we have 2 decent TEs already)

R3 - Dylan Parham, OG

R3 - Isaiah Spiller, RB

What about WR you ask? I would sign Fuller off FA. Offer him a 6 game contract with Cards having the option to sign him for the rest of the season if he can stay healthy through 6 games. He surely knows he may not get signed since most teams are scared to sign him due to his injury history.

I will never be on whatever wave length Keim is on. I don't get paid to be GM, but for heaven's sake how can someone be so far removed from what every other Cards' fan with any intelligence would do draft after draft. We aren't all that dumb, are we?

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

R2 - Travis Jones, DT - (funny, I would have loved McBride any other year except this one since we have 2 decent TEs already)

R3 - Dylan Parham, OG

R3 - Isaiah Spiller, RB

What about WR you ask? I would sign Fuller off FA. Offer him a 6 game contract with Cards having the option to sign him for the rest of the season if he can stay healthy through 6 games. He surely knows he may not get signed since most teams are scared to sign him due to his injury history.

I will never be on whatever wave length Keim is on. I don't get paid to be GM, but for heaven's sake how can someone be so far removed from what every other Cards' fan with any intelligence would do draft after draft. We aren't all that dumb, are we?
I would have been happy with that draft

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
the problem with these is that you know who will be available when -- its like playing blackjack knowing the dealers cards

now get off my lawn
Well, you assume every player drafted up to the point of the Cards pick was drafted, so you'd be facing the same decision the Cards faced while on the clock. Now, in reality, even changing who the Cardinals picked in a couple of spots would have a ripple effect on the rest of the draft.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

R3 - Dylan Parham, OG

R3 - Isaiah Spiller, RB

I absolutely agree with the first three picks. However, I don't think we got the extra 3rd if the trade did not happen. Here are mine.

R1#23 - Jermaine Johnson, EDGE: One of my favorite players in this draft since Harry introduced him to the board

R2#55 - Travis Jones, DT: Another one of my favorites, saw him destroy almost every O-lineman lined up against in the Senior Bowl.

R3#87 - Dylan Parham, OG: Best Guard after Zion Johnson and Kenyon Green, I also see him getting playing time at Center.

R6#201 - Keaontay Ingram, RB: This is the pick I agree with Keim (which rarely happens). He has the production at both Texas and USC. He is a big back (220+ lbs) and I love his change of directions, very crisp and sudden. Sadly to say as an ASU fan, I won't be surprised to see he has a better NFL career than Eno.

R6#215 - Lecitus Smith, G: I actually like him better than Marquis Hayes. Smith provides more value in pass blocking than a run mauling (Hayes, on the other side, is a pure mauler with almost zero technics).

R7#244 - Andrew Stueber, OT: I just love to add more O-lineman for depth & competition.

R7#256 - Jesse Luketa, LB: I think he is a very high valued pick at this moment. High leadership and physical guy. He will at least be a good special teamer. His skillset at this moment requires a very specific scheme to shine, maybe he can be developed into an edge-setting OLB.

R7#257 - Justyn Ross, WR: Why not take a flyer?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose