2022 NFL Draft Day #1

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Um, so you think a team would have literally paid us to trade up 6 spots? We ONLY gave up the #23 and we RECEIVED the #100. I don't need the draft chart to know you don't get paid to trade up lol
The problem is we’re going to have to pay Brown, starting next year with his extension. Then the following year we have to re-sign him. WRs are making huge chunk of change these days. I would’ve rather gave up 86 and 23 to move up and take a WR with a rookie deal for 4 years before taking Hollywood. Pick 100 doesn’t really move the needle for me. This is a good draft for depth, but pick 100 is almost the 4th round. Tonight I could change my mind if we pick a guy like Kobe Bryant from Cincinnati with the 100th pick

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem is we’re going to have to pay Brown, starting next year with his extension. Then the following year we have to re-sign him. WRs are making huge chunk of change these days. I would’ve rather gave up 86 and 23 to move up and take a WR with a rookie deal for 4 years before taking Hollywood. Pick 100 doesn’t really move the needle for me. This is a good draft for depth, but pick 100 is almost the 4th round. Tonight I could change my mind if we pick a guy like Kobe Bryant from Cincinnati with the 100th pick
2,2,2, years.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They wanted a deep threat burner. Which isn't Burks.
So Rondale Moore is a wasted 2nd round pick? Keim used to let his draft picks finish out 4 years before replacing them, but now why wait I guess. Brown will fill Kirks role, but i assumed Moore would fill in that role as he’s fast can play in the slot. This trade is nothing more than keeping Kyler happy and I think we overpaid for a slightly above average player IMO

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get the $20M figure? It does make for a nice argument, but I think it might have been even better to use $25M. :)
Quick google search said $18.4, but that was for a WR who had 2+ pro bowl years. Hollywood has 0, so he doesn’t qualify. I said $20 as a guess, which I even said, but wasn’t far off for a top player. Brown has 0 pro bowls, hasn’t played a full season, but sure he’ll warrant a first round pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sucks for the Niners today.

Apparently Jets offered a big package including #10 for Deebo and then AJ Brown goes for just #18.

Deebo's value dropped overnight.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quick google search said $18.4, but that was for a WR who had 2+ pro bowl years. Hollywood has 0, so he doesn’t qualify. I said $20 as a guess, which I even said, but wasn’t far off for a top player. Brown has 0 pro bowls, hasn’t played a full season, but sure he’ll warrant a first round pick.

Of course you realize that Baltimore is a run heavy team. Supposedly one of the reasons why Brown wanted out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sucks for the Niners today.

Apparently Jets offered a big package including #10 for Deebo and then AJ Brown goes for just #18.

Deebo's value dropped overnight.
Go back to draft Deebo came out and I was shouting from the mountaintops to take him because my brother is a Carolina alum and I follow players from them as well as ASU.

But I think all of this talk about trading a high pick for Deebo is absolute lunacy. Dude is going to get hurt again...it's not a matter of if but when. And I don't for see him having a long career because of the sheer numbers of injuries the guy has had already.