2022 NFC Outlook - I like how the Cards stack up against the other teams (positive vibes)

OP
OP
N

NWMike

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Pugh if we can bring him back at a more affordable rate. Gambo tweeted out earlier this week that he is not under contract for next year and is an UFA so I'm not sure what his status is right now. The issue with Pugh if you bring him back though is he will get injured at some point during the year so you basically need to have two guys for that one spot. If we can upgrade the other guard position that might work but you can't have two weak links in the middle. We saw how that played out and it wasn't pretty.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Pugh if we can bring him back at a more affordable rate. Gambo tweeted out earlier this week that he is not under contract for next year and is an UFA so I'm not sure what his status is right now. The issue with Pugh if you bring him back though is he will get injured at some point during the year so you basically need to have two guys for that one spot. If we can upgrade the other guard position that might work but you can't have two weak links in the middle. We saw how that played out and it wasn't pretty.
The entire Oline will be UFAs in 2023.

OP
OP
N

NWMike

Reaction score
Sorry I meant this upcoming season. Over the Cap shows him under contract but Gambo says he is not so I'm not sure now. Harry mentioned earlier he thought OTC had Phillips wrong as well so it could be they are a little out of date.