2022 7th round pick C is Marquis Hayes G

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Stout, if it makes you feel better, make Jones a starter and bring Beech off the bench. It's been a LONG time since Arizona had an OL of reserves, that combined experience and potential. The other Murray might beat out Miles, as well. National media will come around after the first part of the season, and this Board a little later.
I like potential, but that's mostly what we see: potential. The problem is, I also see potential for holes in the starting lineup, which, combined with a highly inexperienced depth chart, is not optimal.

I very much hope your narrative of the season is 100 percent correct and I'm wrong. That would be a good thing :thumbup:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dear God, that would be putrid depth with little experience.
Meh. Miles has been in the league for a while. Jones is in year 3. Harlow multiple years. It begets the question, do you want Max Garcia or something more?

Ideally, Murray is healthy and you can dump Miles if you want but I am not sure that is likely.

Danny Isadora is an interesting player as well because he was liked pre-draft.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Id bet that Smith already has the C/G swing spot locked up. Harlow is undersized and while he had a good game or two, he didn't stack good games.

Best scenario would be for Miles to go and for Josh Jones to be the swing backup OT and Justin Murray to be the G/T swing back up. Stash Hayes for most of the year.
Disagree. Harlow is gonna stick because you aren't going to have your primary backup C as Lecitus Smith who has one offseason getting C reps in his career.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree. Harlow is gonna stick because you aren't going to have your primary backup C as Lecitus Smith who has one offseason getting C reps in his career.

Yeah this is a tricky area. On the one hand Harlow is limited and Smith's ceiling is much higher.

But Hudson seems to be carrying an injury and doesn't seem fully healthy and do you want to go in with Smith as your only option?

On saying that, it's not like Harlow is super experienced at the position. He played tackle exclusively in college and played 1 NFL snap until he joined us after bouncing around for 4 years on practice squads.

And in the games he played for us last year only 1 of them was at C. So he has like 65 NFL snaps at C ever.

Falcons moved him to Guard, he had little time at the Colt's, then back to Falcon's at Guard then here. I'm sure he did some practice at C while with the Falcons because it's useful for them to have a PS guy that can cover both spots but it's not like he's a vet C with a tonne of time at the position.

Hard not to route for Harlow too. He nearly quit, was about to give up until Kugler called him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Humphries
Pugh
Hudson
Hernandez
Beachum
Jones
Harlow
Smith
Hayes

I guess this could be the OL.

Feels light at tackle depth and heavy on interior. You really need 4 guys that can play T. Although I guess Miles could be on the PS.

PS is 16 now, and you can keep 6 vets on the PS with no cap on accrued seasons.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Feels light at tackle depth and heavy on interior. You really need 4 guys that can play T. Although I guess Miles could be on the PS.

PS is 16 now, and you can keep 6 vets on the PS with no cap on accrued seasons.
Pugh can play tackle in a pinch.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah this is a tricky area. On the one hand Harlow is limited and Smith's ceiling is much higher.

But Hudson seems to be carrying an injury and doesn't seem fully healthy and do you want to go in with Smith as your only option?

On saying that, it's not like Harlow is super experienced at the position. He played tackle exclusively in college and played 1 NFL snap until he joined us after bouncing around for 4 years on practice squads.

And in the games he played for us last year only 1 of them was at C. So he has like 65 NFL snaps at C ever.

Falcons moved him to Guard, he had little time at the Colt's, then back to Falcon's at Guard then here. I'm sure he did some practice at C while with the Falcons because it's useful for them to have a PS guy that can cover both spots but it's not like he's a vet C with a tonne of time at the position.

Hard not to route for Harlow too. He nearly quit, was about to give up until Kugler called him.
Personally, I will keep Smith over Harlow. Harlow is too limited as a backup player to take a roster spot. Based on what Brit said, he does not actually have that much more experience in the center than Smith.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like potential, but that's mostly what we see: potential. The problem is, I also see potential for holes in the starting lineup, which, combined with a highly inexperienced depth chart, is not optimal.

I very much hope your narrative of the season is 100 percent correct and I'm wrong. That would be a good thing :thumbup:
I see what you’re saying but not many teams have great backups, otherwise they’d find a way to get them on the field or trade them. You’re either going to have proven below average players or unproven potentially good players. I’d take the latter.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray seems to get hurt every year. I think this might be the end of his run, even if we keep ten.
Hump-Pugh-Hudson-Hernandez-Beech
Miles-Hayes-Harlow-Smith-Jones
The Cardinals really do like Murray, or he’d be gone by now. I think he makes one more 53, but wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t. The young guys are nasty & nasty goes a long ways with the OL.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I definitely think Hayes is a better player & fit than fellow rook Lecitus Smith based on pass pro