2022 3rd round pick A is Cameron Thomas DE

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

78. EDGE CAMERON THOMAS, SAN DIEGO STATE

While Thomas played like a versatile jumbo defensive end at San Diego State, he showed up at only 264 pounds at the Senior Bowl and then didn't practice all week. Considering his best reps often came from the interior, that's a touch concerning.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's my thought too. The one thing I like is I've now seen 2 people compare him to Maxx Crosby. My guess is it's the white guy thing but I'm hoping he actually is comparable. Crosby is one of my favorite non Cardinal defenders in the league.
Thomas is more of a power guy. Chandler Jones was never a speed merchant either. I never liked the Jones-Golden tandem because neither player had speed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Athletic: G-5 players who should make an impact.

Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State — Round 3, Pick 84, Arizona Cardinals

Outside of Kayvon Thibodeaux, Thomas may be the most explosive defensive end off the line of scrimmage, and he plays with an extremely high motor. He has the ability to be a 9-technique edge rusher on the weak side, a 5- or 7-technique edge setter on the strong side of a 40 front, or a 4-technique banger in a 30 front defense. That level of versatility should make him a steal in the third round of the draft. He plays well with his hands and does a good job of shedding blocks. He is also a sure tackler and is aggressive at the point of attack. With Chandler Jones leaving Arizona to sign with the Raiders, Thomas will have the opportunity to show the Cardinals’ defensive staff and front office that he can be relied on to fill the void. He should find his way on the field in some capacity early and often next season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Athletic: G-5 players who should make an impact.

Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State — Round 3, Pick 84, Arizona Cardinals

Outside of Kayvon Thibodeaux, Thomas may be the most explosive defensive end off the line of scrimmage, and he plays with an extremely high motor. He has the ability to be a 9-technique edge rusher on the weak side, a 5- or 7-technique edge setter on the strong side of a 40 front, or a 4-technique banger in a 30 front defense. That level of versatility should make him a steal in the third round of the draft. He plays well with his hands and does a good job of shedding blocks. He is also a sure tackler and is aggressive at the point of attack. With Chandler Jones leaving Arizona to sign with the Raiders, Thomas will have the opportunity to show the Cardinals’ defensive staff and front office that he can be relied on to fill the void. He should find his way on the field in some capacity early and often next season.
Guys like Thomas usually at least find a role.

He doesn't have elite speed, but neither did Chandler.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just read this
at the San Diego State Pro Day. He recorded a 4.25 shuttle that would have been fourth-best amongst DEs at the NFL Combine and a 6.91 three-cone that compared favorably with Hutchinson and Travon Walker
6.91 three cone is crazy good for being almost 270
I have underrated his athleticism

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose