2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rodman is an example but definitely outside of the norm and if he's the only example then it's fairly unusual.
Oh yeah it's well outside the norm. And it was a shock when Dennis did it. I'm not aware of it happening before or since but maybe those kind of things recieved less attention in the past.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dennis Rodman kicked one. But I'm not 100% certain that Brooks did this with malice.

I don't think Brooks did it was malice but he does seem to make the effort to be physical.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Anthony Edwards with a nasty ankle injury. He was in a lot of pain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't let them talk you down Chuck. A man has got to do what a man has to do. Bachelor guys can relate.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't let them talk you down Chuck. A man has got to do what a man has to do. Bachelor guys can relate.

No this is honorable on Chucks part.
I've played with people who washed the uniform 1 a week, and 1 or 2 that may have gone a season, not a good way to make friends.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I now think it even more possible that the Lakers could sneakily win the bubble, because I didn't know that the Mavericks are in the bubble zone for a reason--bad defense lately. The Kyrie Irving trade has backfired terribly on them.

What are you talking about???

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I now think it even more possible that the Lakers could sneakily win the bubble, because I didn't know that the Mavericks are in the bubble zone for a reason--bad defense lately. The Kyrie Irving trade has backfired terribly on them.

But that’s how I see a lot of things going for them. Luka is so ball dominant it’s really going to be hard for them to find another star to fit with him.

A lot of people were scratching their head when the trade was made. Kyrie is a PG and Luka can’t play off ball

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grizz beat GS.

We can say that the 1 through 3 spots are locked in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grizz beat GS.

We can say that the 1 through 3 spots are locked in.

There is not a lot of difference in the top three teams in the West. Playing any of them will be a war.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I'm looking at the ESPN scoreboard, I so dislike seeing day old scores in the top banner.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are looking upward for Anthony Edwards as he is out of a walking boot.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anything the suns loss to okc makes it tougher for Lakers.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Domantas Sabonis won his 3rd player of the week honor this season. Gosh, even if he’s not the defensive presence of Ayton, he’s a great facilitator and would be a beast on the pick and roll with CP3/Book. Oh well. Him and Fox should both be all-nba

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The West is really weak this year.

I think the West is really deep not weak. It's been that way for a few years now and we're seeing more parity from the playoff teams. No one is going all out for the regular season because the 73-9 Warriors showed how little the regular season means, nearly losing to OKC, Houston, and ultimately succumbing to Cleveland in the end. The Suns last year helped prove again how little the regular season matters since they fought for the franchise record in wins and had 7-8 games over the next best team and were lucky to get past New Orleans and were embarrassed by Dallas at home.

We're about at the time where I suspect the contenders step up and fight for seeding position and the pretenders fall into the lower half of the standings, possibly having to go through the play-in process.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose