2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re not meshing. Bill Simmons was talking about it. It hasn’t worked out. Young needs to be ball dominate but that takes away from Murray running point and distributing.

With Dejounte Murray on the roster, it would be tempting for the Hawks to trade Trae Young and get a boatload of assets in return.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Dejounte Murray on the roster, it would be tempting for the Hawks to trade Trae Young and get a boatload of assets in return.

Young is fun to watch but he’s still really wreckless. You have to ask can this guy be a number 1 on a championship team especially since he needs to dominate the ball or he really becomes ineffective.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Young is fun to watch but he’s still really wreckless. You have to ask can this guy be a number 1 on a championship team especially since he needs to dominate the ball or he really becomes ineffective.

Yeah, I think Young would need to tone it down a bit. Knick's fans would probably go crazy to get him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA needs to rethink the take foul or at least make it make sense. Jordan Poole makes a FT, they inbounds to Ja, he passes the ball backwards to Bane, meanwhile Anthony Lamb goes up and fouls Steven Adams, hack a Shaq on Adams, been around forever. The ref calls it a take foul. Again the pass by Ja went BACKWARDS. Kerr then gets a T arguing it, Bane makes both T FT"s and then Adams makes the FT's. Steve Javie immediately said terrible call.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA needs to rethink the take foul or at least make it make sense. Jordan Poole makes a FT, they inbounds to Ja, he passes the ball backwards to Bane, meanwhile Anthony Lamb goes up and fouls Steven Adams, hack a Shaq on Adams, been around forever. The ref calls it a take foul. Again the pass by Ja went BACKWARDS. Kerr then gets a T arguing it, Bane makes both T FT"s and then Adams makes the FT's. Steve Javie immediately said terrible call.

And then they call a foul on Jaren Jackson grabbing Wiseman's jersey and inexplicably let Klay Thompson shoot the FT's.!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns had a two-way roster spot open (which they don't) I wouldn't mind taking another look at Saben Lee.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Remember when they should’ve traded us KD for nothing but Cam Johnson and picks?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember when they should’ve traded us KD for nothing but Cam Johnson and picks?
Remember when people thought substituting Bridges for Cam was heresy even if the trade worked with picks and an expiring straight up?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
All that to edge a crappy Knicks team in OT.

He might be the most ball dominant player in NBA history.
dallas slept for about 46 mins and then doncic took over. and it was all effort type plays in the paint, nothing really overly spectacular before that last intentional miss/put back combo that he had to tie the game. Knicks were down a couple players, but they had beaten the mavs the last 5 times in Dallas. I don't know what is more impressive, Doncic's stat line or the 9 point comeback in 33 seconds. I think teams were like 0-13,000+ in that scenario.

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When was it ever Cam Johnson and picks? This is the first I heard of this. We are idiots if that was the asking price for KD.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took longer than I expected but Markkanen has become a very good player. Has 23 at the half against Warriors tonight, 5 threes already. It surprises me it took this long but I guess he's been playing different positions until this year where utah lets him shoot lots of 3's.

Not as big but Patrick Baldwin Jr is going to be pretty good too, he's not strong enough yet probably a year or two away but he can shoot it and with strength maybe he won't be so averse to going to the rim because he's quite long. The Warriors are down Steph, Wiggins and Klay tonight and Kuminga got 3 fouls so they had to put PBJ in and he had a nice run 6 points 3 boards +6 in 7 minutes.

Definitely feel better about the young guys than I did a few weeks ago Wiseman had a nice run again he's had 3 good games in a row and on his way to a 4th good one. Seems to finally be figuring it out

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Makes a lot of good points.

100% dependent on being ball dominant

Has clashed with every coach he’s had in the NBA

Only knows how to play one way.

Maybe the single worst defender in the NBA.

Hyped as a 3 point bomber but really not a good 3 point shooter.

JRakes

Reaction score

Makes a lot of good points.

100% dependent on being ball dominant

Has clashed with every coach he’s had in the NBA

Only knows how to play one way.

Maybe the single worst defender in the NBA.

Hyped as a 3 point bomber but really not a good 3 point shooter.

Id trade cam, crowder, saric and 2-1sts for him all day long

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id trade cam, crowder, saric and 2-1sts for him all day long
Trae Young is talented but I'm not sure how far a team can go with a player like him. Still, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. But there's no way Atlanta would IMO.