2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see where Steve is coming from. We saw it just 2 years ago when the Warriors were a play-in team that lost and 3 years ago when they were awful. They go where Curry goes and his health is vital to their success. If he doesnt play in 60+ games then they're in for a very long season.

Do I think they'll be a play in team this year? No, but it also wouldn't shock me if they were.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it would be crazy to say it will happen but I don't think it's crazy to think it could reasonably happen. Curry turns 35 this season and he takes a beating every year. That stretch last season where he played the worst basketball of his career raises questions in my mind.

Also, Green and Poole are both looking for extensions that likely won't happen prior to the start of the season and it's not impossible to believe one or the other could be disruptive. Then, you have Draymond's second career potentially taking away his focus on the game.

Throw in that they have a lot of talented but very young players that need more than just spot minutes and I think the team could well end up having to make a tough decision come midseason. Do they trade away their young talent for the missing piece to get them one more championship or do they part ways with one or more of their big 3 to better position themselves for another run at a dynasty?

I can understand any of you doubting this will happen or telling me I'm wrong. But I'm surprised at all the "you must be nuts" or "there's absolutely no chance that can happen" that I'm getting for my post.
sorry Steve, but I think this is right up there with Earl Watson and Luke Walton will end up being the best coaches in the history of the Suns and Lakers.

Injuries can befell any team. And actually last season’s Warriors team was RIDDLED with them with Curry missing 18 games, Klay missing 50 and Draymond missing 35. And they still won 53 games and a title.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears the Rockets will waive Ty Jerome. I don't think he is the player the Suns are looking for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Ty Jerome has lasted as long in the league as he has. He made it through his rookie deal, kind of. He'll be paid through it at least as this was his 4th year and the option was picked up last off-season. That goes to show how short sighted it was for the Suns to decline Jalen Smith's option. Jerome is set to make about $4.2 million this year also, even if waived.

Kind of telling though that 2 bottom feeders that essentially have G-League rosters don't want him in OKC and Houston. That was likely a reason OKC kept him around in the first place. He did shoot well in his first year there, shooting 42% from 3 on 5 attempts a game. He went back down to shooting 29% on 4 attempts last year though, which is slightly better than he shot here in his rookie campaign.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If nothing else, I thought shooting would be enough to keep Ty Jerome in the NBA. His only good season was 2020-21.

Some team may give him a look.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised Ty Jerome has lasted as long in the league as he has. He made it through his rookie deal, kind of. He'll be paid through it at least as this was his 4th year and the option was picked up last off-season. That goes to show how short sighted it was for the Suns to decline Jalen Smith's option. Jerome is set to make about $4.2 million this year also, even if waived.

Kind of telling though that 2 bottom feeders that essentially have G-League rosters don't want him in OKC and Houston. That was likely a reason OKC kept him around in the first place. He did shoot well in his first year there, shooting 42% from 3 on 5 attempts a game. He went back down to shooting 29% on 4 attempts last year though, which is slightly better than he shot here in his rookie campaign.

Same here as I just didn’t see IT with him. Suns made the right move to get him gone. Maybe and that’s a big maybe he could be a better pg than our 14/15 roster guys. I could see him playing better with better players around him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Zion was serious about getting and staying in shape. Looks like a different guy

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see where Steve is coming from. We saw it just 2 years ago when the Warriors were a play-in team that lost and 3 years ago when they were awful. They go where Curry goes and his health is vital to their success. If he doesnt play in 60+ games then they're in for a very long season.

Do I think they'll be a play in team this year? No, but it also wouldn't shock me if they were.

Yeah but that wasn't just Steph they were also without Klay most of that time and Draymond some of it.

I don't think they're the favorite this year I think Memphis is, in the West, but I think the Warriors will still be good. I saw the highlights, Wiseman looked great in Japan in limited minutes, doesn't seem to have lost any athleticism from the knee and seemed like he can help them. I expect Looney to start.

Kuminga is still inconsistent but who isn't at that age.I also hear he's a big reason Iggy came back for one more year he has taken Kuminga under his wing and the team wanted him back for that reason. Klay didn't play but apparently not for any injury.

Certainly if Curry got hurt they would not be nearly as good but I don't think they'd fall off as badly as they did before unless they lost multiple guys.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
That second photo has been manipulated.

Funny i thought the opposite.

The second is a pic with better lighting. Must have been taken with that new Google camera. I notice the better lighting across the league this season.

The first pic looks stretched and exaggerated to me....but that's the undefined version of Zion. The second pic has more definition.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Funny i thought the opposite.

The second is a pic with better lighting. Must have been taken with that new Google camera. I notice the better lighting across the league this season.

The first pic looks stretched and exaggerated to me....but that's the undefined version of Zion. The second pic has more definition.
It’s vertically compressed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pelicans extend Larry Nance Jr. for 2 years/ $21.6 million.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giving Steven Adams a 2 year/ $25.2 million extension seems like a huge overpay.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Giving Steven Adams a 2 year/ $25.2 million extension seems like a huge overpay.

You know Mainstreet I kinda like Steven Adam's toughness, his size 7'0" with a huge presence, and his 10 boards per, and I'm sure he has some short comings like his 6.9 points per & maybe Morant is shooting the rock so much the scoring chances are slim for Adams but just think of him at center and Ayton as our power forward. That could be 20+ boards nightly. Just a thought as it may be too jammed up in the paint. Steven's at 2 years @ $25.2 million is only $12.6 million per. I would even call Frank Kaminsky if you gave his # to come back to join the Suns again ....deal?

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$12m per year doesn’t seem that bad for him to me.

If McGee is supposedly worth 3 years 21 million then that seems more than reasonable for Adams. He got negated in the playoffs but that seems to be the reality for all immobile bigs against teams that spread the court well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know Mainstreet I kinda like Steven Adam's toughness, his size 7'0" with a huge presence, and his 10 boards per, and I'm sure he has some short comings like his 6.9 points per & maybe Morant is shooting the rock so much the scoring chances are slim for Adams but just think of him at center and Ayton as our power forward. That could be 20+ boards nightly. Just a thought as it may be too jammed up in the paint. Steven's at 2 years @ $25.2 million is only $12.6 million per. I would even call Frank Kaminsky if you gave his # to come back to join the Suns again ....deal?

The extension is about a $5 million cut in salary per season for Adams. He is a part of their tough man persona, along with Dillon Brooks, so I can see why the Grizzlies did it. For them, he is probably worth it. He is not the most mobile big man, but he does rebound. His PER is 17.69.

Suns could have had Frank Kaminsky for the veteran minimum, about $2.5 million.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The extension is about a $5 million cut in salary per season for Adams. He is a part of their tough man persona, along with Dillon Brooks, so I can see why the Grizzlies did it. For them, he is probably worth it. He is not the most mobile big man, but he does rebound. His PER is 17.69.

I like Frank Kaminsky, but Adam’s is a better player. Mobile or not.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score

I was wrong about Frank Kaminsky in the past. He does have value as a 3 point shooter, good teammate, and can get some boards. He is not a banger type or as slow as Steven Adams who will bang & push everyone. They are just different type players and both come with a different game. Frank likes the Suns and the Suns like Frank so I wouldn't be surprised if we may see him again in a Suns uniform. I also see you point of Frank being kept for only $2.5 million.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about Frank Kaminsky in the past. He does have value as a 3 point shooter, good teammate, and can get some boards. He is not a banger type or as slow as Adams who will bang & push. They are just different type players and both come with a different game. Frank likes the Suns and the Suns like Frank so I wouldn't be surprised if we may see him again in a Suns uniform. I also see you point of Frank being kept for only $2.5 million.

Yeah, most of the Suns fans love Frank Kaminsky around here.

Too bad he got hurt last season because he was playing well. He has a better all around game than Adams, but as you point out, he is not a banger.

If the Suns didn't have so many big men on the team, I'd want him back again. I think Saric and Kaminsky are similar type players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Center Bruno Fernando gets a 4 year/ $10.9 million deal from Rockets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Herro agrees to 4 year/ $130 million extension. That is a lot of money for a player coming off the bench.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyler Herro agrees to 4 year/ $130 million extension. That is a lot of money for a player coming off the bench.

Well that should take him off the trade market.

I hope cam Johnson doesn’t cost that much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that should take him off the trade market.

I hope cam Johnson doesn’t cost that much.

Cam Johnson shouldn't cost nearly as much. I hope the Suns get him signed to an extension before the regular season starts, so it doesn't go into restricted free agency next summer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave