2022-23 Arizona Coyotes Regular season thread.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team is terrible. It’s lovely that two expansions teams (Vegas and Seattle) in small market cities are already better than the Coyotes. I don’t think Vegas has ever been bad , ridiculously ran league.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is terrible. It’s lovely that two expansions teams (Vegas and Seattle) in small market cities are already better than the Coyotes. I don’t think Vegas has ever been bad , ridiculously ran league.
The expansion cities were primed to be competitive immediately, which I am still pissed about.

Basically, they got great draft picks, solid NHLers with no debt, not having prior expensive mistakes in player contracts, and each being the only team participating in the entry draft. It was a BS thing to do to the rest of the league to give each so much to work with from the outset.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The expansion cities were primed to be competitive immediately, which I am still pissed about.

Basically, they got great draft picks, solid NHLers with no debt, not having prior expensive mistakes in player contracts, and each being the only team participating in the entry draft. It was a BS thing to do to the rest of the league to give each so much to work with from the outset.
Same dude ! It was crazy to see Vegas go to the cup in their first year , like what? They’ve been a good team since, I don’t think they’ve even had a bad year yet which is just dumb. Seattle is already better than the Coyotes , the NHL is just so poorly ran. Both cities are smaller than Phoenix who can also never seem to get a top 2 pick . I really wanted to start getting into hockey but watching these newer franchises already having success and the Coyotes losing night after night it’s just pointless to support the product .

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same dude ! It was crazy to see Vegas go to the cup in their first year , like what? They’ve been a good team since, I don’t think they’ve even had a bad year yet which is just dumb. Seattle is already better than the Coyotes , the NHL is just so poorly ran. Both cities are smaller than Phoenix who can also never seem to get a top 2 pick . I really wanted to start getting into hockey but watching these newer franchises already having success and the Coyotes losing night after night it’s just pointless to support the product .
Hang in there with the Yotes. They have a promising build going on right now and will be competitive the year following next. Lol patience isn't my strong suit though.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Hang in there with the Yotes. They have a promising build going on right now and will be competitive the year following next. Lol patience isn't my strong suit though.
Plus new digs on the horizon, too!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am going Thursday to usher in a win! Remember, we don't want those first round picks too high up!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To ensure the best chance at the number one pick, let's make sure not to change the entry into the offensive zone while on the power play. I want to make sure the defense can break it up at the blue line and take it the other way shorthanded. :koolaid:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I went to the game last night. I am sure I will never see an NHL game like that again. The stadium is only one level deep. It also seems smaller than the lower lever at the old stadium. You are right up to the ice. You can FEEL the pucks slamming into the boards there! You can feel the power of players shots there!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so painful right now, but JFC, our young guys have some serious potential. On the off chance we keep this team in town, it's going to be worth all the hell we've gone through.

I'm more convinced than ever that Chych needs to go ASAP. I cringe every time he takes a bump. I say a little prayer every game that he can stay on his feet until the deadline.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose