2021 Training Camp Thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess no practice today?
At practice yesterday, there were at least three passes behind the line of scrimmage too. 11-on-11 practice felt like a recap of 2020 offense. Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this offense will work once season starts. May be they are banking on improvement from Murray PLUS AJ Green and Moore to bring a spark?
I mean..

1st 9 games of the season Murray + a legit 4.2 threat instead of Isabella and a fountain of youth AJ Green instead of Larry Fitz at the end sounds scary.

Kyler might be a guy that wont be "complete" till about year 5 or 6 for all we know. This is just to be good now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
33 Year old AJ Green running by Malcolm Butler...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Week 1 will tell us a lot.

I will say that Karlos Dansby? said that he has never seen a guy practice as hard as AJ Green. At Purdue they said Moore practiced so hard they feared he was going to get injured. His mph/volume of reps were insane.

So they are basically the opposite of DHOP when it comes to practice, lol. Lets hope it translates to games for AJ/Moore this year.
Butler's always been slow and I'm not liking the idea of him being even older and covering #1s. Very very scared about CB. Not a surprise to anyone, but still.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the same offense that the others teams had figured out last year

Lot's of hope for different results, but I'm not buying it

KK needs to revamp the O and put some motion and put some wrinkles in the game plan or once again we will be too easy to predict what's coming
I saw quite a bit of motion with rondale Moore at Saturdays camp

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here, why is this video suppossed to be a hype video for Moore, when he dropped a very catchable ball?
I saw him catch some amazing balls. I only saw one poor drop and I think it's a video I posted. He was wide open so I felt it was still worth posting

tnmike

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sounds like the same offense that the others teams had figured out last year

Lot's of hope for different results, but I'm not buying it

KK needs to revamp the O and put some motion and put some wrinkles in the game plan or once again we will be too easy to predict what's coming
Yes because after only a couple of days all the new plays and players should be totally up to season speed.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
total speculation:

lots of zone play for the defensive secondary

they couldnt do it last year because P2 was a free lancer and a poor tackler (and its just not his strength)

Murphy and Butler (and Alford) are all solid tacklers. Simmons and Collins give Vance some pieces to mix different coverages in --

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you really expecting the offense to change? Why?

Yes, they think improving the line and skill position players will improve the passing offense. I am a bit worried about the running game though.

Cardinals (and every team) need to evolve from season to season. If Cardinals assumption is "it was going great until Murray got hurt in 2020. We got Murray back now. Added Moore, Green and we got an improved line....let's do more on what we did in 2020" IT is a recipe for 2-4 start.

Early indications from Camp so far is Cardinals are going get their traning camp reps and go into 2021 with same game plans and plays as 2020.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals (and every team) need to evolve from season to season. If Cardinals assumption is "it was going great until Murray got hurt in 2020. We got Murray back now. Added Moore, Green and we got an improved line....let's do more on what we did in 2020" IT is a recipe for 2-4 start.

Early indications from Camp so far is Cardinals are going get their traning camp reps and go into 2021 with same game plans and plays as 2020.
Well I'm not surprised, because at this point I think very poorly of Kliff.

Quite frankly I am expecting this to be a wasted year till he gets replaced.

tnmike

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Early indications from who? Some Chimbo that went to the practice ? It's been less than a week of practice. Lots of things can change before the season starts.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Were you really expecting the offense to change? Why?

Yes, they think improving the line and skill position players will improve the passing offense. I am a bit worried about the running game though.

Why? Because by mid season every team knew exactly what we were going to do and when and how to stop us.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media