2021 NFL COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
This is why I can see some massive lawsuits.

Unlikely they’ll win. The vaccines are approved by the FDA under an EUA. Employers can set health standards and requirements. EEOC says they can be required as long as companies offer reasonable accommodations for people who can’t receive mandatory immunizations.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PFT had an article that basically said NFL is all but inviting teams to cut back end of the rosters unvaccinated players for vaccinated replacements at this point.

In premier league the negative test wont be enough
Players and staff must get vaccinated before the 1st of October otherwise they can t play

I'm curious to know if the nfl franchises will apply strictly rules even against top players whom refuse to get vaccinated

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I can see some massive lawsuits.
Mandatory vaccination has been repeatedly challenged in courts for over 50 years. The only time courts have granted exemptions is for religious purposes and medical reasons. Covid vaccine won't be given some kind of special treatment. Courts have already rejected challenges against mandatory Covid vaccination by both an employer and a university.

My wife's hospital system announced last night they are mandating vaccines for all employees. You don't have grounds for exemption and you won't take it? You will work elsewhere.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Steelers are making non vaccinated players wear yellow arm bands. Basically a scarlet letter.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·
11m

Just this month, 13 NFL staffers and four players, including one of each this weekend, have tested positive for COVID despite being vaccinated, per sources. NFL and NFLPA have been in discussions to increase testing cadence for vaccinated staff and players as an extra precaution.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

·
11m

The NFL and the NFLPA are also at odds over the use of wristbands to identity unvaccinated players, per sources. The NFL is allowing clubs to to make players wear bright colored wristbands, which the NFLPA believes is unnecessary. Talks to continue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave