2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have mistaken a tweet I saw the other day then about their 3pt shooting. I saw mention that KCP and Kuzma were their top 3pt shooters but that may have been volume rather than percentage.

I still don't think they've replaced what they lost very well. Their size was an advantage that they've now lost without Kuzma and Trez.

I like how they replaced Drummond with Howard but stocking the end of the bench with good shooters who won't play doesn't help much. They had Troy Daniels a couple years ago and people thought that was a good signing but he never saw the floor. I can't see those 4 getting many minutes

you don’t see Melo or Monk getting many minutes? Neither of them are end of bench guys and both were solid contributors on their previous teams. Bazemore’s been a consistent 20 min per game player too.

Ellington might not see much time but those top three will to space the floor. And the Lakers didn’t use Daniels because no one has ever really used him. he’s a total scrub and I don’t believe comparable to Melo, Monk or Bazemore.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy that Lakers team has the potential to implode spectacularly. Could be quite the force if the start align.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you don’t see Melo or Monk getting many minutes? Neither of them are end of bench guys and both were solid contributors on their previous teams. Bazemore’s been a consistent 20 min per game player too.

Ellington might not see much time but those top three will to space the floor. And the Lakers didn’t use Daniels because no one has ever really used him. he’s a total scrub and I don’t believe comparable to Melo, Monk or Bazemore.

They can't play all those guys. Sure, those guys haven't typically been end of the bench guys but someone will be there unless they decide to run 12-13 deep.

They didn't replace anyone they lost well. I stand by that and don't believe more than one of those 4 guys listed as sharp shooters sees regular rotation minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would have won the championship with Ilyasova. He draws a charge every other play. I hate that type of defense, but it is rewarded by refs.

Like what does the league want to be, an epic Cam Johnson dunk or PJ Tucker falling down with minimal contact. I said the same thing when Kobe absolutely murdered Nash with a similar dunk years ago. Many Suns fans wanted a charge and I disagreed. It was a phenomenal dunk.

I'd take a championship with Ilyasova drawing charges but I know what you are saying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some details about the DeRozan trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree about adding a big and ball handler.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard the Celtics are trying to get him. I think they have the full MLE available. Would be a good addition there, far away from us as well.

if the Clippers lose Jackson and have no Kawhi next year they become a total non-factor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, the Lakers have certainly addressed their shooting.

The issue is those guys can’t all play together. In all likelihood the four of them share the remaining two slots. Still not great spacing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely agree about adding a big and ball handler.

Ball handler--I like Ish. Have we signed CamP?
Wing--Nader
Big--?? Isaiah Hartenstein? Frank?

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've tried it before, it made the board a challenge to read. And then, as he dragged the mood lower and lower, it seemed to affect the posting of others. You can't let his nonsense go unchallenged, too many people can be swayed by his misinformation if no one is correcting or challenging it. JMO.
Not if everyone ignored him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ball handler--I like Ish. Have we signed CamP?
Wing--Nader
Big--??

Suns have agreed to sign Cam Payne and Abdel Nader so I'm wondering who the big will be. It would be nice to have Ish back plus he can push the ball.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who wins?

2003-04 Lakers
Payton, Kobe, D. George, Malone, Shaq + Horace Grant

Vs.

2021-22 Lakers
Westbrook, Ellington, James, Davis, Howard + Melo

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was sort of funny.

That's great.

Anthony will be 38 by the playoffs
I thought this was sort of funny.

That's great - and other than Bazemore and Ariza, all of them have mid-season birthdays, so add a year to each.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose