2021 NBA Draft Prospects Thread

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
There are some good pg prospects this draft. Ayo, Mann, Miles, Butler, Ayayi, Bones. Cooper is another kid who is interesting and I saw an interview where he compared himself to CP3…

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Sharife Cooper
Grade A passer.
Grade A handles.
Grade F shooter.

The guy is dynamic in every aspect of the game except shooting. But hey, if Lonzo can fix his shot, ANYONE can.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Getting a PGOTF prospect slipping to #29 because he can’t shoot is intriguing. They can be patient with him developing a shot. If it’s a wing or big they’d need him to be rotation ready unlike J Smith.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... this team REALLY needs Jalen Smith to be a bench contributor next season. Whiffing on a lotto pick would blow, especially seeing as we’re an actual contender and he fits the EXACT NEED we’re looking for.

that said, not holding my breath there and I hope the team isn’t either as far as pursuing another legit big man presence on the team.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
Rod Beard

@detnewsRodBeard
· 36m
#PIstons GM Troy Weaver on drafting on fit for the prospects: "They all fit. We won 20 games ... they all fit.":Dold

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Interesting article. Particularly in terms of profile coming into the draft, I can see some obvious comparisons, including 4 out of these 5 prospects to current players on the Suns roster.

Cooper - Cam Payne
Grimes - Mikal Bridges
Hyland - Langston Galloway
Mamukelashvili - Dario Saric
Sharpe - Andre Drummond

I really hope James Jones doesn't reach for Mamukelashvili in an effort to replicate Saric. I also don't see Hyland panning out here, similarly to how Galloway didn't pan out here. Cooper is boom or bust. Do we get the current Cam Payne or the Cam Payne who was out of the league? Grimes appears to he a safe pick, albeit duplicative unless the plan is to trade Bridges or Cam Johnson. Sharpe brings elements we desperately need, but he is raw (albeit not as raw as Queta).

Last edited:

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Called it before the Shamet trade and the Suns missed out. Miles McBride is a sleeper and will be a stud. He has shown just that.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called it before the Shamet trade and the Suns missed out. Miles McBride is a sleeper and will be a stud. He has shown just that.

Miles McBride was my choice at #29 as well.