2021 NBA Draft Prospects Thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If we could get Mann, Butler or Dosunmu then Payne getting overpaid by another team would be easier to Stomach.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we could get Mann, Butler or Dosunmu then Payne getting overpaid by another team would be easier to Stomach.

Some of the big men look interesting as well such as Neemias Queta, Day'Ron Sharpe and Luka Garza.

Garza is projected to go late second round but he interesting. I watched him play when Grand Canyon played Iowa in the NCAA Tournament. He plays with a lot of enthusiasm.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Some of the big men look interesting as well such as Neemias Queta, Day'Ron Sharpe and Luka Garza.

Garza is projected to go late second round but he interesting. I watched him play when Grand Canyon played Iowa in the NCAA Tournament. He plays with a lot of enthusiasm.

I watched some of him due to the hype. Unimpressed. I think he lacks the athleticism to play in the nba. Like worse than frank.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Garza on a two way deal as a bought 2nd round pick or if he goes in drafted. I think someone like him would be good to have to push Ayton in practice. High motor, all energy, big. I don't see him being a player himself but I think two way deals are similar to practice squad type deals in the NFL.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched some of him due to the hype. Unimpressed. I think he lacks the athleticism to play in the nba. Like worse than frank.

I was just thumbing through the big man prospects when I came to Garza and thought, I recognize this guy from the Grand Canyon game. He stood out.

By no means am I promoting drafting him with an early pick but I think he will be an NBA role player because of his outside shooting and moves inside.

The thing is the Suns would have to get a late second round pick to get him as Hoop Head said or hope he goes undrafted. However, I think some team will draft him.

Absolute Zero

Reaction score
I hate to ask this, but do the suns even employ any scouts now?

I almost wonder if they are using tankathon or something similar to make the pick.

To be honest I expect them to trade it somehow.

I don't think they have the title "scout", but the Suns have a huge staff and I am sure that some of them are "scouting"

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only one in the directory with the label scout next to them is Pat Zipfel: Advance Scout.

His job appears to be scouting future NBA opponents.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

overseascardfan

Reaction score
I don't put much stock in the "unathletic " label for big men. Sabonis & Jokic were hit with that label and look at them now. If someone is skilled then they can make it in NBA. It's the raw players who are unathletic you stay away from. Luka's motor and strength should help.

If we acquire a 2nd rounder I would look at Bassey and Garza, Dosunmu would be my pick at #29.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in the "unathletic " label for big men. Sabonis & Jokic were hit with that label and look at them now. If someone is skilled then they can make it in NBA. It's the raw players who are unathletic you stay away from. Luka's motor and strength should help.

If we acquire a 2nd rounder I would look at Bassey and Garza, Dosunmu would be my pick at #29.

Dosunmu won't last to 29. Otherwise he is my pick as well.

In the meantime, just remember that Frank Kaminsky came out if college being billed as extremely skilled...

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Dosunmu won't last to 29. Otherwise he is my pick as well.

In the meantime, just remember that Frank Kaminsky came out if college being billed as extremely skilled...
Kaminksy doesn't have Garza's strength or motor. I think Garza can be a Kanter with a jump shot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Sabonis is MUCH more athletic than garza. And jokic is bigger and a much better player. MUCH more skilled.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Sabonis is MUCH more athletic than garza. And jokic is bigger and a much better player. MUCH more skilled.
Go read their draft write ups. Sabonis and Jokic were deemed to slow to succeed in NBA, both didn't have outside range they developed since arriving in NBA. Obviously they worked on their game to overcome that, Garza could get get better over time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Go read their draft write ups. Sabonis and Jokic were deemed to slow to succeed in NBA, both didn't have outside range they developed since arriving in NBA. Obviously they worked on their game to overcome that, Garza could get get better over time.
You can read their write ups. I’ll rely on having actually watched all three of them play basketball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal