2021 NBA COVID Related. No Personal or Political Attacks!

Mainstreet

Reaction score
I will add this here as well as it is a significant change.

Daily surveillance COVID-19 testing will not extend beyond Saturday unless symptomatic, exposed or per league office.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Daily surveillance COVID-19 testing will not extend beyond Saturday unless symptomatic, exposed or per league office.

Another words too many players are testing positive and it’s affecting The product

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm confused. Someone said that asymptomatic players can't work out because of potential cardiac or pulmonary issues that could arise due to carrying the virus but now it seems the league will allow asymptomatic players to play. So is it true that positive asymptomatic players are endangering themselves or not?

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here's that post about players not working out.
Monty said per covid protocols, and from articles I have been reading, while you have Covid you are NOT supposed to work out. You can have lung and heart problems result from working out while having covid. Monty said on the radio today they are telling players all they can do is rest. They don't want them working out.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
@Dback Jon , @Hoop Head

Here is the caveat but it's still a significant change. Also it's an incentive to get fully vaccinated plus the booster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm confused. Someone said that asymptomatic players can't work out because of potential cardiac or pulmonary issues that could arise due to carrying the virus but now it seems the league will allow asymptomatic players to play. So is it true that positive asymptomatic players are endangering themselves or not?
Yup. Seems to directly contradict monty’s statement. I don’t even see how the above statement posted by Mainstreet can be described as a “caveat.”

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup. Seems to directly contradict monty’s statement. I don’t even see how the above statement posted by Mainstreet can be described as a “caveat.”

I would guess that it is because the NBA has changed their mind.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
I think the key word is "asymptomatic."

If a player is not showing any symptoms and do not violate any NBA rules concerning health and safety protocols they can play.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
@Dback Jon , @Hoop Head

Here is the caveat but it's still a significant change. Also it's an incentive to get fully vaccinated plus the booster.

This is negligence. Vaccinated players are just as likely to contract Covid and just as likely to spread it. The only real difference is severity. If one group needs daily surveillance then both do.

And I am not an anti-vaxxer. Got my card.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the key word is "asymptomatic."

If a player is not showing any symptoms and do not violate any NBA rules concerning health and safety protocols they can play.
Right. Which flies in the face of montys comment that they tell their players out with Covid not to workout. Ayton said he was asymptomatic. So according to monty the suns instructed an asymptomatic player not to workout due to health reasons. But nba deems them healthy enough to play? See how they conflict?