2021 Draft Targets

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trust me, I love Jaycee too. A lot. Would I be mad at all if we end up selecting him? Absolutely not.

However, trenches still comes first & that is where the games are won. That’s why I want Ossai so badly. That’s what put the Chiefs over the top last year with Chris Jones & Frank Clark going into bully mode in the playoffs.

We won’t be taken seriously if we go Pitts or WR in the 1st round. What good would it be taking them when we can’t get a stop when it matters on the other side?
I would argue that our roster needs superstars who will get a high volume of snaps. I believe you have to consider Pitts because he may be that superstar.

A draft of Kyle Pitts and Patrick Jones would not be awful as long as those guys never leave the field. Some of it depends on what we do in free agency.

What I do know is that taking a CB/OL in round 1 and an EDGE in round 2 is looking like an optimal play. The other option looks like trading back in round 1, take an EDGE player, and then looking at WR in round 2. A draft of Ossai and Rondale Moore could be a nice mix.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would argue that our roster needs superstars who will get a high volume of snaps. I believe you have to consider Pitts because he may be that superstar.

A draft of Kyle Pitts and Patrick Jones would not be awful as long as those guys never leave the field. Some of it depends on what we do in free agency.

What I do know is that taking a CB/OL in round 1 and an EDGE in round 2 is looking like an optimal play. The other option looks like trading back in round 1, take an EDGE player, and then looking at WR in round 2. A draft of Ossai and Rondale Moore could be a nice mix.
I’d rather have a Star at EDGE than Superstar at TE, & how much of an impact would Pitts provide since he’s not even a good run blocker? Give the one of the best EDGEs in the class instead of settling for a inferior one.

Meh, not the biggest fan of Rondale.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’d rather have a Star at EDGE than Superstar at TE, & how much of an impact would Pitts provide since he’s not even a good run blocker? Give the one of the best EDGEs in the class instead of settling for a inferior one.

Meh, not the biggest fan of Rondale.
Re Rondale: I like his run after the catch ability. Dude gets it in the open field. I feel like that is something our offense lacks.

I think Rashwn Slater in round 1 and Jayson Oweh (somehow) in round 2 is my dream draft this second.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All in all, a damn RB/WR/TE better not be our first 2 out of 3 picks. Stupid way of building a football team.

Agreed. I mentioned him before after seeing him for the first time, seen bits of him 3 times now I absolutely love Jermar Jefferson from Oregon State. But not first or second round love, I have no idea where he's projected in the NFL but that kid is legit, he just has a feel for it, runs with power, has patience, sees things. He is kind of a combo of Drake and Edmonds has more power than Edmonds and more wiggle than Drake. I would take him in the 3rd round but again I have no idea where he's projected.

Edmonds has improved so much as a receiver I really want to keep him. I'm fine keeping Drake too I just feel like it's going to cost to much. Currently we should go D 1 and 2, 3 BPA but again if we let Drake go, keep an eye on Jefferson I think he's really good

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I’ll be really frustrated if we take Pitts or a RB in the 1st two rounds. Pretty much cements that we’ll be Seattle Jr, & I don’t want to be Seattle Jr, relying on Kyler to win shootouts like Russ has to do, I want to be balance & have more game changers on defense.

Kyler isn't good enough to build a team like that. Russ is an elite throwing QB, and an improviser. Kyler is fast...thats its, at least at this point. His only elite skill is being able to outrun pressure.

We would be MUCH MUCH better off building an elite OL and DL and letting those groups carry the team. Skill position players can come and go on a team like that, and IMO it maximizes what Kyler can be

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah I'm not as high on Lawrence as most people are but that's a no brainer, Fields has talent yes but you don't take him over Lawrence, not even debatable IMO

I completely disagree.

Lawrence is super limited I haven’t seen him get better since his freshman year. He has a cannon but no touch at all like none.

I think once the combine and all the stuff comes out you’ll see Fields go before Lawrence

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Basically, my offseason plan for the offense in this moment (much can change in 5 games) is to sign

Brandon Sherff and JuJu Smith-Schuster as FAs.

Sign John Ross as a low cost FA. (I think he sucks but we need to know)

Trade Andy Isabella to the Lions for Kerryon Johnson.

Draft
Rashawn Slater in round 1 to play at C

Rondale Moore to play WR.

Puts our line at

LT - DJ Humphries
LG - Justin Pugh
C - Rashawn Slater
RG - Brandon Sherff
RT - Josh Jones

Lamont Gaillard
Mason Cole
Justin Murray
Marcus Gilbert

RBs
Chase Edmonds
Kerryon Johnson

WRs
Deandre Hopkins
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Christian Kirk
Rondale Moore
KeeSean Johnson
Trent Sherfield
John Ross (flier and likely gets cut)

we’ve spent pretty much all year with a top ten offense and you don’t want to address defense or kicker????

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler isn't good enough to build a team like that. Russ is an elite throwing QB, and an improviser. Kyler is fast...thats its, at least at this point. His only elite skill is being able to outrun pressure.

We would be MUCH MUCH better off building an elite OL and DL and letting those groups carry the team. Skill position players can come and go on a team like that, and IMO it maximizes what Kyler can be
Your first paragraph confirms you completely missed my point.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was that genius on here who keeps saying Drake London of USC is going to be really good although obviously not draft eligible this year? He's breaking my heart tonight I thought UCLA was going to upend USC but London just caught his 2nd TD and put USC ahead.

Amon Ra has been good but only short passes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose