2021-22 Regular Season Win Total

How many games will the Suns win this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBron and Rondo are facilitators though.

They are but they have no shooters amongst their top players so their soaring will be atrocious. Most of their core guys don't play defense or can't at their age also. They're going to be bad. They may have a hot start but the first sign if adversity and they're cooked. Like you said, their coach alienates players all on his own so it'll be great drama all season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are but they have no shooters amongst their top players so their soaring will be atrocious. Most of their core guys don't play defense or can't at their age also. They're going to be bad. They may have a hot start but the first sign if adversity and they're cooked. Like you said, their coach alienates players all on his own so it'll be great drama all season.
No team with LeBron and AD is going to be bad, especially if both of those guys are healthy. That’s just not realistic, especially in a weakened West without Kawhi, Murray and who knows with Klay.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No team with LeBron and AD is going to be bad, especially if both of those guys are healthy. That’s just not realistic, especially in a weakened West without Kawhi, Murray and who knows with Klay.

They'll be a play-in team at best next year. I don't think Davis makes it more than 2/3 of the season either. LeBron probably tops out around 3/4 of games. Westbrook is probably the worst star to pair with those 2 also. They won't be good. They have no depth and are old as hell.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'll be a play-in team at best next year. I don't think Davis makes it more than 2/3 of the season either. LeBron probably tops out around 3/4 of games. Westbrook is probably the worst star to pair with those 2 also. They won't be good. They have no depth and are old as hell.

I think this is a lot of wishful thinking, the Lakers were tearing up the league last year at 21-6 before injuries. They actually had a lot of time off this summer to recuperate from the fracked up shortened off-season last year.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
50-55 IMO. I'd be surprised if the health gods are as favorable as last season.

However, If they stay healthy and Ayton plays consistently like he did in the playoffs 60
+.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is a lot of wishful thinking, the Lakers were tearing up the league last year at 21-6 before injuries. They actually had a lot of time off this summer to recuperate from the fracked up shortened off-season last year.
Yeah I get why people think the Lakers might be a train wreck this season but I don't understand why so many are just writing them off. That's a deep and versatile roster and could be one of the most dominant teams ever if it all comes together.

Odds are they won't all remain standing but even if they lose some players for large parts of the year they could still be a team no one wants to face in the postseason.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are old but they actually have decent depth all the way down to the two guys that elected to not be drafted so they could sign with the Lakers (Ayayi and Reaves).

Their age and injury history might tax their depth but they can survive the loss of several of the Ariza types on their roster and still compete. Sure, if they lose Davis that changes things dramatically but if they get close to 70 games from him they'll probably be fine.

As for Westbrook, I have no idea how that will work. But Lebron is a smart ballplayer and he pushed to bring him there for a reason. And I wouldn't be surprised if they used Westbrook at several different positions.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Anyone watch the Lakers game last night? Yes, it's preseason, but we're going to be really really good. Offense is operating at a high level already, Shamet and McGee will be huge contributors, and we're going to be really deep.
Oh, and yes it's early, but Russ looks like a disaster in terms of fit in LA. I'm so happy they didn't get Buddy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watch the Lakers game last night? Yes, it's preseason, but we're going to be really really good. Offense is operating at a high level already, Shamet and McGee will be huge contributors, and we're going to be really deep.
Oh, and yes it's early, but Russ looks like a disaster in terms of fit in LA. I'm so happy they didn't get Buddy.

JaVale McGee and Landry Shamet look like seamless fits in Phoenix. Suns look to be a solid 13 players deep. They have an open roster spot and Dario Saric looks to be out for the season.

I think the Lakers will be better than they look especially when Lebron returns to action.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee and Landry Shamet look like seamless fits in Phoenix. Suns look to be a solid 13 players deep. They have an open roster spot and Dario Saric looks to be out for the season.

I think the Lakers will be better than they look especially when Lebron returns to action.

Yeah we haven't seen the real Lakers yet. Personally I'm hoping they destruct in a spectacular way and let's face it, that could easily happen with all those egos. But it could just as easily go the other way too and then the nightmare will begin. It will be Lakers this and Lakers that or Lebron this and Lebron that. So like I said, I'm hoping for the meltdown of all meltdowns. Then we can at least smile a little if the talking heads still want to focus on nothing but Lebron and the Lakers.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the only way Russ makes it all year in LA is if either LeBron or Davis suffers an injury to miss the majority of the season. If those 2 are playing then I don't see those 3 surviving. I need to find a prop bet on Russ being a Laker all season because I'm willing to put money on it not happening.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think the only way Russ makes it all year in LA is if either LeBron or Davis suffers an injury to miss the majority of the season. If those 2 are playing then I don't see those 3 surviving. I need to find a prop bet on Russ being a Laker all season because I'm willing to put money on it not happening.
Yeah, unless he's learned to shoot 3's, it seems like a better chance that it's a disaster than a title winning team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, unless he's learned to shoot 3's, it seems like a better chance that it's a disaster than a title winning team.

I don't know. This Lakers team is constructed much like Lebron's Heat teams, with Westbrook in the Dwyane Wade role, Davis in the Chris Bosh role and Lebron in, well, the Lebron role, with shooters surrounding them in the backcourt and bruisers complimenting them in the frontcourt.

With them, I think it will all come down to age and health.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't know. This Lakers team is constructed much like Lebron's Heat teams, with Westbrook in the Dwyane Wade role, Davis in the Chris Bosh role and Lebron in, well, the Lebron role, with shooters surrounding them in the backcourt and bruisers complimenting them in the frontcourt.

With them, I think it will all come down to age and health.
Bron now just isn't as good as Heat Bron, Davis can't shoot the 3 like Bosh to spread the floor, and Wade was in his prime, not in clear decline as Westbrook.

Wishing for the Heatles is a really poor bet at this point.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ugh! You guys didn't get enough Lakers talk over the last 2 games?
Let em die peacefully.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Westbrook but prime Wade was a far superior scorer and slasher. Westbrook will need to change his game way too much to fit into that lineup. Wade was much more of a threat outside also because people know Russ will shoot the open 3 and brick it while Wade would attack the basket rather than brick a 3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson