2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read today Anthony Davis is only 28. I thought he was mid 30s the way he breaks down every season. It's not going to get better for him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I would say that, multiple times per game, Beverly does something that seems incidental but has potential for real danger. The play where he injured Paul, he almost looks like he is tripping but is going right through Paul's legs while Paul is in the air, then afterwards had the gall to protest there even being a foul called at all.

I still remember this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like the Bucks took the tweet down of Grayson Allen eating a doughnut before today's game.
Apparently they post something similar (featuring different players) every game day morning. It is possible that Allen was just next in the rotation and nobody thought to change it. It is also possible that they changed it to be Allen this morning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently they post something similar (featuring different players) every game day morning. It is possible that Allen was just next in the rotation and nobody thought to change it. It is also possible that they changed it to be Allen this morning.

I think you know more about this than I do. He was probably next in the rotation but after realizing the injury situation with Caruso the team took it down.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns need a guy like that. Someone you can throw in the game for 5 min to knock Stephs tooth out or sweep Janises leg.
Kidding of course Grayson is a Juice Box for sure.
He reminds me of Danny AInge.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He reminds me of Danny AInge.

Ainge spiking the ball off Elie's face was something alright, but I don't recall him undercutting guys in the air, going at people's knees and the garbage that Allen and Beverly do.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was his first NBA flagrant offense I heard right.
A different set of refs and he probably doesn't ejected for the Caruso foul either. Like I said earlier, he's learned how to make his cheap shots look less offensive, just like Beverley does. Most of the time, you know what they've done, you just can't quite prove it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A different set of refs and he probably doesn't ejected for the Caruso foul either. Like I said earlier, he's learned how to make his cheap shots look less offensive, just like Beverley does. Most of the time, you know what they've done, you just can't quite prove it.

These players have a track record. All the referees have to do is open their eyes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was his first NBA flagrant offense I heard right.

His first this season, in previous years he managed to get 2 flagrants in under a minute.

There are montages with dozens of clips of Allen's cheap shots, followed closely by his stupid, beady eyes being baffled at how people could be so mad at him going at someone's knees, tripping them, clubbing their head with both arms... ect ect ect. One of the dirtiest players of all time... and he is still young!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His first this season, in previous years he managed to get 2 flagrants in under a minute.

There are montages with dozens of clips of Allen's cheap shots, followed closely by his stupid, beady eyes being baffled at how people could be so mad at him going at someone's knees, tripping them, clubbing their head with both arms... ect ect ect. One of the dirtiest players of all time... and he is still young!
Is t that mostly college stuff? It seems to me this is getting exaggerated because of the injury. Not a fan, but I think Pat Bev and the Morri are just as bad or worse.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is t that mostly college stuff? It seems to me this is getting exaggerated because of the injury. Not a fan, but I think Pat Bev and the Morri are just as bad or worse.

I'd rank Allen ahead of them. The Morrii and Beverly didn't enter the league dirty. They became dirty players over time. Everyone knew Allen was a cheap shot artist before he declared for the draft. I'm surprised he's still in the league because he's not exactly good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rank Allen ahead of them. The Morrii and Beverly didn't enter the league dirty. They became dirty players over time. Everyone knew Allen was a cheap shot artist before he declared for the draft. I'm surprised he's still in the league because he's not exactly good.

What's sad is I could like Allen as a player if it weren't for his needless cheap shots. They are totally unnecessary.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of players who persistently like to showboat. GPII held the ball up to Bitzgade after the dunk, stared him down and started scratching his head.

GPII does the stare down thing a lot after dunks. If I were a referee I'd start giving him some technicals until he stops this sort of behavior.

That is not Payton holding the ball it's a PAcers player, Justin Holiday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not Payton holding the ball it's a PAcers player, Justin Holiday.

Yeah, I took another look and saw that. At first glance it looked like GPII was holding the ball up because of the angle.

Both players got technical fouls. It's all good in my book.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grayson Allen is only suspended for one game for flagrant 2 foul on Alex Caruso.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks disagree with the suspension and support Grayson Allen.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s not hyperbole to say that Curry has legitimately been awful the last 13 games or so besides that game winner last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavericks beat the Grizzlies tonight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t look now, but we are the hottest team in the league again as the only 9-1 team in our last 10.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose