2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe there is more equity in the situation if both players got technicals but Bitgade was ejected because he had one earlier.
I get your point, you're saying that if Bitadze's offense warranted an ejection, the same should happen to the guy that instigated it. And now, knowing that Bitadze wasn't actually ejected for it, you're fine with them each recieving a T.

And it isn't too far removed from what the league was doing there for awhile (it might have ended after Stern left). They would upgrade the offense of someone if there was escalation caused by that person's initial actions.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First off, you all saw it on TV, the refs, like them or not are right there.
You didn't notice the part where he told the ref "his mom blows dead goats".
Or when he ran by the ref in the 2nd quarter and wiped a booger on his neck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, you all saw it on TV, the refs, like them or not are right there.
You didn't notice the part where he told the ref "his mom blows dead goats".
Or when he ran by the ref in the 2nd quarter and wiped a booger on his neck.

Muggz, may I just say your regular presence on the board has been delightful and I'm glad it's here to stay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One man's celebration is another man's taunt. Taunting is in the eye of the beholder.
I mean staring at the guy you just dunked in or head bobbing towards the guy you just dunked on . . . not seeing a whole helluva lotta difference there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The second scummiest player in the NBA is up to his ol tricks.

I thought he had cleaned up his act a bit. Old habits die hard.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he had cleaned up his act a bit. Old habits die hard.
I think he's cleaned up his reputation a bit by learning better how to make his transgressions appear accidental or incidental. IOW, it's a safe guess that he's studied the master of this and has learned to mimic much of Pat Beverley's tactics. There's no place for either player in the NBA and the league should be embarrassed (and sued) for failing to provide the safest work place possible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he's cleaned up his reputation a bit by learning better how to make his transgressions appear accidental or incidental. IOW, it's a safe guess that he's studied the master of this and has learned to mimic much of Pat Beverley's tactics. There's no place for either player in the NBA and the league should be embarrassed (and sued) for failing to provide the safest work place possible.

The NBA should make an example of these players because they do it over and over again. Eventually someone is going to throw a punch that lands.

Beverley only received a one game suspension for shoving Chris Paul from behind when they were walking off the court in the playoffs last season and that was served this season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA should make an example of these players because they do it over and over again. Eventually someone is going to throw a punch that lands.

Beverley only received a one game suspension for shoving Chris Paul from behind when they were walking off the court in the playoffs last season and that was served this season.

Yes if you only get one game for that type of action the NBA has shown they don’t care if you injure other players unless it’s LeBron

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns need a guy like that. Someone you can throw in the game for 5 min to knock Stephs tooth out or sweep Janises leg.
Kidding of course Grayson is a Juice Box for sure.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need a guy like that. Someone you can throw in the game for 5 min to knock Stephs tooth out or sweep Janises leg.
Kidding of course Grayson is a Juice Box for sure.

The thing is a player can play good defense without playing dirty.

I'm not opposed to a hard foul if it's not done to injure. I don't know why it's not done more often to send a message. I've even heard Eddie Johnson talk about it but I don't see many players doing it.

If a player is fouled hard going into the lane the first time, he is going to think twice the second time around.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thing is a player can play good defense without playing dirty.

I'm not opposed to a hard foul if it's not done to injure. I don't know why it's not done more often to send a message. I've even heard Eddie Johnson talk about it but I don't see many players doing it.

If a player is fouled hard going into the lane the first time, he is going to think twice the second time around.
True that's why we missed Dario in the playoffs. He could have taken charges and is a hard body to run into.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True that's why we missed Dario in the playoffs. He could have taken charges and is a hard body to run into.

Running into Dario is like running into a wall. I wish he were more athletic but he is a solid player who can hit the 3-pointer.

The Suns missed him a lot at small ball center against the Bucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say, the timing could be better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls backcourt is getting killed by injuries right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say, the timing could be better.

It looks like the Bucks took the tweet down of Grayson Allen eating a doughnut before today's game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yep, I would say that, multiple times per game, Beverly does something that seems incidental but has potential for real danger. The play where he injured Paul, he almost looks like he is tripping but is going right through Paul's legs while Paul is in the air, then afterwards had the gall to protest there even being a foul called at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose