2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are working out Kenneth Faried.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Mike Scott fan but if we can't get someone like T Young, he might be a decent choice for a deep bench big man.

He is so deep I don't even remember seeing him play.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Wall on the trade block. Houston FO says they are not going to just waive him.
He can still play at a high level. Hey Wall....want to come play here for cheap? Kidding. No way they buy him out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The players union is strong. No mandatory vaccine for players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought more than 85% of NBA players were vaccinated.

By Baxter Holmes and Adrian Wojnarowski:

Roughly 85% of players are vaccinated, a league spokesman recently said, and, in a preliminary memo obtained by ESPN in early September, the league outlined a set of strict protocols for unvaccinated players.

Such protocols include having lockers far from vaccinated teammates or having to eat, fly and ride buses in different sections. These protocols are not final and are still subject to talks with the NBPA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Lakers are working out Kenneth Faried.

This is yet another player the Suns should be pursuing, who at least could give them spot minutes they need at the 4 against bigger line-ups. There have been a whole host of players signing even non-guaranteed training camp contracts with other teams whom the Suns could use. It makes absolutely no sense that the Suns aren't even taking a flier on someone who MIGHT help them at the 4. They can do this and STILL pursue someone like Thaddeus Young.

There are only two explanations for such total lack of activity, then: (1) Sarver going cheap again; or (2) unjustified overconfidence in Cam Johnson and/or Jalen Smith to play extended minutes at the 4.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is yet another player the Suns should be pursuing, who at least could give them spot minutes they need at the 4 against bigger line-ups. There have been a whole host of players signing even non-guaranteed training camp contracts with other teams whom the Suns could use. It makes absolutely no sense that the Suns aren't even taking a flier on someone who MIGHT help them at the 4. They can do this and STILL pursue someone like Thaddeus Young.

There are only two explanations for such total lack of activity, then: (1) Sarver going cheap again; or (2) unjustified overconfidence in Cam Johnson and/or Jalen Smith to play extended minutes at the 4.
I saw that you posted on the right side of the browser and I told myself, I know what he is going to say, but lets check and see if you are as predictable as I think. Yep.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon agrees to 4 year/ 92 million contract extension with Nuggets. I'm sure Mikal Bridges is paying attention.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA is making things easier if players get vaccinated.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So predictable that he is going to bemoan the condition of the PFs on this roster as he has for what, 3 years??

Kenneth Faried is his answer??? Jeebus.

He is more so than a shooting guard and a guy who isn't even good enough for the G League.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Possibly another explanation, in the NFL it is said a majority of unsigned free agents are unvaccinated. I know the NBA has different rules, but there is a risk bringing in a player who is unvaccinated. I am just adding another possibility of why a player may not be brought in.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faried hasn't played in the NBA since the 2018-19 season. There's a reason for that. He's no longer a PF because of his lack of range and he's no longer capable of out hustling his opponents. No loss.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is more so than a shooting guard and a guy who isn't even good enough for the G League.
If the Suns were looking at him I suspect you’d be twitching in revulsion. It’s been 5 years since the guy was a steady contributor. Harping on him is a joke.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
And the Booker window will slam shut when CP3 is done, unless they win a championship with CP3 or find a star point guard to replace CP3 when CP3 is done.

Book already has generational wealth so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t sigh another max deal when he’s eligible for it next summer. He’ll probably see how things play out; does Paul continue to age well, does Ayton become the guy we saw in the playoffs consistently, do they pay big $$ to keep the role guys etc…

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Book already has generational wealth so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t sigh another max deal when he’s eligible for it next summer. He’ll probably see how things play out; does Paul continue to age well, does Ayton become the guy we saw in the playoffs consistently, do they pay big $$ to keep the role guys etc…

Precisely, and if Sarver continues to penny pinch, Booker is as good as gone, unless the Suns have won a championship in spite of it, and even then he might emulate Lebron after his second go-around in Cleveland...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Booked is eligible to sign a max extension this offseason. I don't think it'll even be discussed but I don't think we'll hear anything for a while about him resigning. I believe we have 3 full seasons with him locked in going forward, so it kind of mirrors what we have Paul signed for.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Precisely, and if Sarver continues to penny pinch, Booker is as good as gone, unless the Suns have won a championship in spite of it, and even then he might emulate Lebron after his second go-around in Cleveland...

You said he'd ask out after our 8-8 start last season. You have no clue what it will take to get him to ask out. Predicting he'll ask out every week isn't actually predicting anything, it's projecting your own negativity onto others.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Booked is eligible to sign a max extension this offseason. I don't think it'll even be discussed but I don't think we'll hear anything for a while about him resigning. I believe we have 3 full seasons with him locked in going forward, so it kind of mirrors what we have Paul signed for.

I think we’ll have a good idea by this time next year if CP3 is going to see those final years of his deal. If he’s near/close to equal effectiveness as last year that will be three straight years of regular season durability and high quality play.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we’ll have a good idea by this time next year if CP3 is going to see those final years of his deal. If he’s near/close to equal effectiveness as last year that will be three straight years of regular season durability and high quality play.

He's 36 years old. He has two more years tops at this level, with an outside shot at a third year still contributing, but no longer at a high level. Suns management knows this. It's why his contract is structured the way it is. There is no way he sees the final year of this deal, and I would put it at a coin flip in terms of whether or not he sees the third year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose