2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Reaction score
The Bucks fill their open roster spot with DeMarcus Cousins who will be on a 1 year non-guaranteed contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Bucks fill their open roster spot with DeMarcus Cousins who will be on a 1 year non-guaranteed contract.

Well, that eliminates them as a contender.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Steph being Steph

Phrazbit

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He gave us fits in the playoffs
No, he absolutely did not give fits.

When Cousins was on the court we absolutely wrecked the Clips in that series. He is a complete disaster on defense and wildly overrated on offense. He scored his points, sure, but our offense switched to "make Cousins defend" whenever he was on the court and it seemed like we scored on virtually every single play that we attacked him.

27% shooting, 7 rebounds, and absolute dog crap defending in 42 total minutes in that series. That is Cousins.

If they had played him starters minutes we'd have swept them, winning by about 25 per game.

PLEASE let us bump into that washed up bum again in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

When Cousins was on the court we absolutely wrecked the Clips in that series. He is a complete disaster on defense and wildly overrated on offense. He scored his points, sure, but our offense switched to "make Cousins defend" whenever he was on the court and it seemed like we scored on virtually every single play that we attacked him.

27% shooting, 7 rebounds, and absolute dog crap defending in 42 total minutes in that series. That is Cousins.

If they had played him starters minutes we'd have swept them, winning by about 25 per game.

Idk I remember him coming in I think game 4? And dropping 15 on us and being a problem in that game

95pro

Registered
Reaction score

We pretty much played him off the court

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Reaction score
Idk I remember him coming in I think game 4? And dropping 15 on us and being a problem in that game

Cousins had three games where he scored in double figues against Phoenix in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Reaction score
Right.that Clippers series was hell.

That was a tough series for sure. The Bucks will use Cousins as depth and insurance with Brook Lopez hurting.

Without a guaranteed contract there is not much to lose. If he hurts chemistry they can let him go.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cousins had three games where he scored in double figues against Phoenix in the playoffs.
As I recall, he hurt the Suns in one game and he hurt the Clippers in 4 others. His second best game was a DNP that LAC won.

As a deep bench guy, assuming he doesn't hurt your chemistry, he's a decent signing. But he's a very mediocre signing if he's your 9th or 10th man. All told, I'd rather have an occasionally healthy Frank.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Reaction score
As I recall, he hurt the Suns in one game and he hurt the Clippers in 4 others. His second best game was a DNP that LAC won.

As a deep bench guy, assuming he doesn't hurt your chemistry, he's a decent signing. But he's a very mediocre signing if he's your 9th or 10th man. All told, I'd rather have an occasionally healthy Frank.

I'd take Kaminsky as well.

I'm trying to view the addition of Cousins as the Bucks might view him on a non-guaranteed contract.