2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thing is a player can play good defense without playing dirty.

I'm not opposed to a hard foul if it's not done to injure. I don't know why it's not done more often to send a message. I've even heard Eddie Johnson talk about it but I don't see many players doing it.

If a player is fouled hard going into the lane the first time, he is going to think twice the second time around.
True that's why we missed Dario in the playoffs. He could have taken charges and is a hard body to run into.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True that's why we missed Dario in the playoffs. He could have taken charges and is a hard body to run into.

Running into Dario is like running into a wall. I wish he were more athletic but he is a solid player who can hit the 3-pointer.

The Suns missed him a lot at small ball center against the Bucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say, the timing could be better.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls backcourt is getting killed by injuries right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say, the timing could be better.

It looks like the Bucks took the tweet down of Grayson Allen eating a doughnut before today's game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I think he's cleaned up his reputation a bit by learning better how to make his transgressions appear accidental or incidental. IOW, it's a safe guess that he's studied the master of this and has learned to mimic much of Pat Beverley's tactics. There's no place for either player in the NBA and the league should be embarrassed (and sued) for failing to provide the safest work place possible.

Yep, I would say that, multiple times per game, Beverly does something that seems incidental but has potential for real danger. The play where he injured Paul, he almost looks like he is tripping but is going right through Paul's legs while Paul is in the air, then afterwards had the gall to protest there even being a foul called at all.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read today Anthony Davis is only 28. I thought he was mid 30s the way he breaks down every season. It's not going to get better for him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I would say that, multiple times per game, Beverly does something that seems incidental but has potential for real danger. The play where he injured Paul, he almost looks like he is tripping but is going right through Paul's legs while Paul is in the air, then afterwards had the gall to protest there even being a foul called at all.

I still remember this.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It looks like the Bucks took the tweet down of Grayson Allen eating a doughnut before today's game.
Apparently they post something similar (featuring different players) every game day morning. It is possible that Allen was just next in the rotation and nobody thought to change it. It is also possible that they changed it to be Allen this morning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently they post something similar (featuring different players) every game day morning. It is possible that Allen was just next in the rotation and nobody thought to change it. It is also possible that they changed it to be Allen this morning.

I think you know more about this than I do. He was probably next in the rotation but after realizing the injury situation with Caruso the team took it down.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
The Suns need a guy like that. Someone you can throw in the game for 5 min to knock Stephs tooth out or sweep Janises leg.
Kidding of course Grayson is a Juice Box for sure.
He reminds me of Danny AInge.