2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
This is not really a discussion about a specific trade, it's a theoretical question about what you would be willing to sacrifice for a championship.

No trade for LeBron is realistic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not really a discussion about a specific trade, it's a theoretical question about what you would be willing to sacrifice for a championship.

I'm definitely up for sacrificing a bucket of KFC if that will help.

Phrazbit

ASFN Hero
Reaction score

Not if you're a Laker fan, I have seen several that they seem to think would fly.

How would you guys feel about LeBron and Westbrook for Paul, Booker and Bridges (probably a first or 2 thrown in as well)? That one is popular among some Laker faithful.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Not if you're a Laker fan, I have seen several that they seem to think would fly.

How would you guys feel about LeBron and Westbrook for Paul, Booker and Bridges (probably a first or 2 thrown in as well)? That one is popular among some Laker faithful.
You should see the Cleveland trades they are floating. LeBron back to Cleveland for Garland, a couple more good young players and piles of picks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell to the no. If LeBron and Westbrook can't seem to get it to work with the Lakers how would they here? Plus, you would be giving up the three main parts of our team that helped us get to the Finals last year and get us to the best record this year. That would be one of the worst trades I have ever seen. If this was younger LeBron and Westbrook that would be a different story. Giving up your youth (including Bridges and 2 firsts) to hamper your team in the future for them at this age would be dumb.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I don't think I would do a big trade to get LeBron. I do think some people believe he will finish his career in Cleveland. Now that they are good again, maybe he could sign there cheap as a FA in 23-24 for a last hurrah and still be competitive. BTW. The only players the Lakers have under contract in 23-24 are AD and THT. They could go out and just buy a new roster.

95pro

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Turner from pacers has a stress fracture in his left foot. Probably not going to be trade-able

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Seriously?

How demented must you actually be to think the #1 team in the league will trade you their best assets, for some of your ancient selfish garbage from a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs and think that is realistic.

Thats so stupid I can't believe that isn't just trolls.

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. Uh... no.

Phrazbit

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
Hell to the no. If LeBron and Westbrook can't seem to get it to work with the Lakers how would they here? Plus, you would be giving up the three main parts of our team that helped us get to the Finals last year and get us to the best record this year. That would be one of the worst trades I have ever seen. If this was younger LeBron and Westbrook that would be a different story. Giving up your youth (including Bridges and 2 firsts) to hamper your team in the future for them at this age would be dumb.
Seriously?

How demented must you actually be to think the #1 team in the league will trade you their best assets, for some of your ancient selfish garbage from a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs and think that is realistic.

Thats so stupid I can't believe that isn't just trolls.
Obviously I would never consider it. But you guys should check out Laker fans on Twitter, they have some wild ideas.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously I would never consider it. But you guys should check out Laker fans on Twitter, they have some wild ideas.

The Lakers and Knicks think their garbage is treasure.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
It's not just their people, many time I have read here trades like Saric while injured plus a second round pick for fill in an all star name......

Phrazbit

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
The Lakers and Knicks think their garbage is treasure.

Last year I remember an actual Lakers writer saying the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Booker, straight up... as though it was something the Suns would jump all over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I remember an actual Lakers writer saying the Lakers should trade Kuzma for Booker, straight up... as though it was something the Suns would jump all over.

One has to read these tweets and articles with a grain of salt. Some of these articles are clickbait or people who have no idea how trades work. Lakers fans seem particularly bad at it.