2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should get all the credit after deeming them unbeatable in a series. Steph is in the worst slump in years.
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

One of the announcers was commenting during the Memphis game that he wonders if Steph got exposed around the same time his brother in law Daimion Lee had Covid but just didn't test positive. the timeline of when Lee got sick and when Steph's slump started are pretty close.

But with how much they get tested seems unlikely Steph wouldn't have tested positive, i think he's just apparently human and having a big slump.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
One of the announcers was commenting during the Memphis game that he wonders if Steph got exposed around the same time his brother in law Daimion Lee had Covid but just didn't test positive. the timeline of when Lee got sick and when Steph's slump started are pretty close.

But with how much they get tested seems unlikely Steph wouldn't have tested positive, i think he's just apparently human and having a big slump.

Steph Curry has been carrying the Warriors but some of that load should lighten when Draymond Green returns and if Klay Thompson lives up to expectations.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An aside but Mullin said on the postgame last night that while he thinks the Warriors are a contender this year he said if the older guys can get healthy next season is probably the year the Warriors are more likely to win another title. His rationale was the young guys, Wiseman, Poole and especially Kuminga, but also by then they will know what to expect from Klay. His comment was this year a game like the Bucks shows you just how small they are, especially without Draymond. A year from now with improvement from Kuminga, a healthy and improved Wiseman they won't be as small and if Curry, Klay, Draymond etc are still healthy and impacting then they could make noise.

FWIW Kerr loves Kuminga after the loss he said you can see lots of similarities with him and Greek Freak, he's smaller but in many ways he is as a rookie where Giannis was, if he can work that hard and improve he has a chance to be really good. Unless he grows he won't be THAT good but you can see Kerr still loves him they don't regret at all picking him over Franz Wagner .

Mainstreet

Reaction score
An aside but Mullin said on the postgame last night that while he thinks the Warriors are a contender this year he said if the older guys can get healthy next season is probably the year the Warriors are more likely to win another title. His rationale was the young guys, Wiseman, Poole and especially Kuminga, but also by then they will know what to expect from Klay. His comment was this year a game like the Bucks shows you just how small they are, especially without Draymond. A year from now with improvement from Kuminga, a healthy and improved Wiseman they won't be as small and if Curry, Klay, Draymond etc are still healthy and impacting then they could make noise.

FWIW Kerr loves Kuminga after the loss he said you can see lots of similarities with him and Greek Freak, he's smaller but in many ways he is as a rookie where Giannis was, if he can work that hard and improve he has a chance to be really good. Unless he grows he won't be THAT good but you can see Kerr still loves him they don't regret at all picking him over Franz Wagner .

Kuminga is really good now and will only get better.

I haven't seen anything that diminishes the outlook for the Warriors.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuminga is really good now and will only get better.

I haven't seen anything that diminishes the outlook for the Warriors.

I think the size this year is a real issue in a 7 game series. Mullin said they have a great small lineup but you can't play it for 48 minutes and the amount of effort they have to expend to cover for the lack of size causes issues as they play multiple games close together. Still not clear when Wiseman will be back I kind of feel like it's being delayed without us being told why, he hasn't been cleared for contact work yet, they've said he'll play in the G league when he first gets back, so it's seeming like his return is not as imminent as we hoped. Which is where Kuminga becomes a key, he's only 6'8"but he's long and can jump.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
I think the size this year is a real issue in a 7 game series. Mullin said they have a great small lineup but you can't play it for 48 minutes and the amount of effort they have to expend to cover for the lack of size causes issues as they play multiple games close together. Still not clear when Wiseman will be back I kind of feel like it's being delayed without us being told why, he hasn't been cleared for contact work yet, they've said he'll play in the G league when he first gets back, so it's seeming like his return is not as imminent as we hoped. Which is where Kuminga becomes a key, he's only 6'8"but he's long and can jump.

I think the Warriors have the pieces but as a Suns fan I hope they don't put them together.

Did you read where Steve Kerr compares Kuminga to Giannis when he was a rookie?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Warriors have the pieces but as a Suns fan I hope they don't put them together.

Did you read where Steve Kerr compares Kuminga to Giannis when he was a rookie?

Yeah I mentioned that briefly in an earlier post. They were talking about it during the game on Warriors tv too so he actually said it before the game too not just after Kuminga played well last night.

One of the guys on the postgame show said guys on the team have told him that Iggy says it all the time, he thinks Kuminga is going to be a star. He and Draymond have both adopted the kid trying to help him get to that next level.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
Yeah I mentioned that briefly in an earlier post. They were talking about it during the game on Warriors tv too so he actually said it before the game too not just after Kuminga played well last night.

One of the guys on the postgame show said guys on the team have told him that Iggy says it all the time, he thinks Kuminga is going to be a star. He and Draymond have both adopted the kid trying to help him get to that next level.

It's hard to believe Kuminga is a rookie.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe Kuminga is a rookie.

Just turned 19 in October. THere was a point where I thought man if we'd picked Wagner he'd be heavy in our rotation now but the more I see of Kuminga the more I'm glad we picked him. He's going to be really good. SO is Wagner btw.

Mainstreet

Reaction score
Just turned 19 in October. THere was a point where I thought man if we'd picked Wagner he'd be heavy in our rotation now but the more I see of Kuminga the more I'm glad we picked him. He's going to be really good. SO is Wagner btw.

The 2021 NBA Draft is looking like a special one.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to Back “prove it” games for the Bulls v. Nets and Bulls and they get undressed. They’ve had a great season so far, but of all the teams with good records, they’re the biggest pretenders of the bunch.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Back to Back “prove it” games for the Bulls v. Nets and Bulls and they get undressed. They’ve had a great season so far, but of all the teams with good records, they’re the biggest pretenders of the bunch.

Lavine went out, mri coming on the knee.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LaMelo has been better than I ever thought
Yep, same here.