2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks I actually meant to post the clip but forgot to attach it. His hands are at the top of the square.

GP2 had a lob dunk over Morant in the recent game but Morant was backpedalling so it wasn't like he outjumped him, Morant is one of the few guys his size in the league I think could outjump Payton. Payton actually won a jump ball against a 7 footer last week, didn't even steal it just outjumped him, Valanciunis.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Morant leaps so high I've always been concerned he might be susceptible to injury if he lands wrong.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morant leaps so high I've always been concerned he might be susceptible to injury if he lands wrong.

Yeah he's not as good but he's his generations Allen Iverson kind of and that's what made Iverson so rare he didn't really get hurt much despite the way he played. Morant seems just to have that crazy understanding of where he is at all times in the air. Payton hurt his ankle on an awkward landing recently and when they showed the replay I thought uh oh ankle he's out for 2 weeks. He was back in the game later and he's still playing. But Morant is other worldly athletic, Azabuike was talking about Morant he said that guy would be a great CB or WR in the NFL he's that crazy athletic, and then joked right about now the Warriors are wishing he played football.

IT was interesting at one point in the game they showed a stat that said when guarded by GP2, Morant was only 2-11 in the 2 plus games they'd played this year. During the game everytime GP2 was on him they'd set a screen to get a switch to get someone else on him. But later in the game Morant actually went right at Payton several times and scored on him 2-3 times you could see the look on Payton's face he just wasn't used to someone going at him like that and beating him.

AMazing to think he and Zion were on the same AAU team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Piston's trade for Bol Bol has been voided after physical.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawks trade Cam Reddish to the Knicks which includes a 1st round pick in return.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derrick Jones Jr. of Bulls is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a bone bruise in right knee.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's amazing the Suns have the best record in the NBA playing at half speed. If they ever kick it into gear, watch out.
How do you figure half speed?

I don't think it's going to get much better. I mean how would it? I guess Payne and Crowder could shoot better - but other than that what?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you figure half speed?

I don't think it's going to get much better. I mean how would it? I guess Payne and Crowder could shoot better - but other than that what?

IMO, the Suns have been playing out of sync since they lost to Boston on December 31th. They had a good game against Charlotte but they are not clicking the way I know they can where they run off strings of wins.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IMO, the Suns have been playing out of sync since they lost to Boston on December 31th. They had a good game against Charlotte but they are not clicking the way I know they can where they run off strings of wins.
There's been a lot of extenuating circumstances since that Boston game though.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Milwaukee absolutely taking it to GSW right now up 30 halfway through the 2nd quarter.

Bucks up by 39 at half. Golden State has to be hoping to avoid a finals match up with Milwaukee more than we are.

Hoop Head

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I was looking at ESPN's gamecast for the Warriors vs Bucks and they had the Bucks winning to start the 3rd quarter with a 99.8% probability. That's virtually unheard of. They usually don't go that far until the final minute because anything can happen. You see teams blow 20+ point leads regularly now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at ESPN's gamecast for the Warriors vs Bucks and they had the Bucks winning to start the 3rd quarter with a 99.8% probability. That's virtually unheard of. They usually don't go that far until the final minute because anything can happen. You see teams blow 20+ point leads regularly now.
True but the Bucks had a 39 point lead entering the 3rd quarter, teams don't usually give up leads that big especially at home.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I should get all the credit after deeming them unbeatable in a series. Steph is in the worst slump in years.
-

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee absolutely taking it to GSW right now up 30 halfway through the 2nd quarter.

I got off work we picked up food at Burritozilla, I walked in to get the food and the game was on 48-24. Get home and it's 35. By the time I took a shower etc it was halftime and 39.

We didn't have Draymond but otherwise pretty full roster.

The only "good" thing from that game was again extended minutes for Kuminga, he's not there yet but he's going to be a pretty good player you can see he's starting to figure it out.