2020 Senior Bowl

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Baylor WR Denzel Mims
Don’t want to go overboard here, as I extolled the virtues of Mims in my Wednesday practice report. But his performance was consistently very good to excellent all week.

Coming into the week, the 6-2 3/4, 206-pound Mims was earning fourth-round grades from a few teams we spoke with. One evaluator immediately after the weigh-in also remarked to me he thought Mims’ frame looked “maxed out.”

But with his ability to glide to separation and with each contested catch downfield, Mims helped his cause — zero doubt about it. Even in a crowded WR field, he looks every bit of a top-100 pick.
https://sports.yahoo.com/making-mon...-stock-most-at-the-senior-bowl-170546233.html

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jones was killing it all week long. Plus he is 6'5" 310lbs and very athletic.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Gambo mentioned he is among 7 guys ARZ may have been eyeing last week.

Jovan Kinlaw
Josh Jones
Kyle Dugger
Chase Claypool
Neville Gallimore

I forget the other 2 guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m confused about Wirfs. I see him listed as a guard on some sites. Could he play left guard and move Pugh to RT. I’m not advocating that I’m just wondering if that’s one thought?
What i like most about Wirfs is that i feel he can play LT, RT and/or RG after Sweezy's contract expires. People who forcast him to OG favor taller OTs. Wirfs is listed at 6'5. One reason Jeremiah is highest on Becton is because he cut teeth in Baltimore which loves taller OTs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What i like most about Wirfs is that i feel he can play LT, RT and/or RG after Sweezy's contract expires. People who forcast him to OG favor taller OTs. Wirfs is listed at 6'5. One reason Jeremiah is highest on Becton is because he cut teeth in Baltimore which loves taller OTs.

Becton is also has easily the highest ceiling. His physical profile is similar to a few very dominant past OTs, primarily Bryant McKinnie.

McKinnie was very underrated. Hed probably be the best OT in the NFL right now.

Josh Jones has that blindside protector kind of feel to his game, but he doesnt look like a guy who will be great in the run game. He mirrors his opponent beautifully and has a real smooth look to his movements. He is actually a dark horse candidate for the Cardinals pick as well.

I like Wirfs a lot. Great career at Iowa, big strong guy. From what Max Starks has said about Kugler, Wirfs fits the profile of linemen that he likes.

I love drafts like this where there is a bit of a mystery which direction the Cardinals go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's not just his size. His length is good. It's his feet in pass pro and technique aren't there yet. Whereas his strength and physical ability / mobility fit well with what you need for a top end pulling guard and the more limited footwork and lesser interior rushers let him off the hook with his technique.

that's not to say he can't be an elite tackle. It's more that he could be a great guard right away where tackle might take a while.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's not just his size. His length is good. It's his feet in pass pro and technique aren't there yet. Whereas his strength and physical ability / mobility fit well with what you need for a top end pulling guard and the more limited footwork and lesser interior rushers let him off the hook with his technique.

that's not to say he can't be an elite tackle. It's more that he could be a great guard right away where tackle might take a while.

His feet are there. His biggest issue is that he still doesnt fully play up to his crazy strength and his hand placement isnt always good. He also sometimes gets beaten by counter moves. Lastly, he occasionally gets beaten by speed rushes because he gives up on the edge when he easily has the ability to keep fan stepping.

All of Wirfs issues issues are easily correctable. The problem is that if he doesnt correct them, he wont be an elite RT, he'll merely be a good one. At right guard, he would be an early Pro Bowler because of his attributes. I say right guard, because he also isnt a great puller and sometimes misses quicker guys in space.

I'm warming up to Becton more because I think he has LT attributes and the more scout opinions I read, Wirfs doesnt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA