2020 new consoles

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meanwhile if you google "series X stock" now all these websites are just making clickbait articles to tell you everyone is probably out of stock but "click the links to their page from our website" hoping to get some referral revenue.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Microsoft was selling them earlier today (hour ago)...
You can try to follow stock - but generally they are gone too fast if you don't watch like a hawk.

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/microsoftxboxseriesx/

Yep, you need to be on that site, and on it within one minute to get them. I would create an account with all of the major retailers that nowinstock tracks and have your credit card info already in the system so it can be a quick few clicks.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol./ that site showed preorder on microsoft store. must have lasted 1 minute.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 minutes
You must be registered for see images attach

They only have dozens in stock at a time from what I understand and many people are using the same site. Be quick!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few of my gaming pals have said they have had little to no trouble navigating this landscape and getting themselves and others hands on a series x and they are using their apps and monitoring channels to find me an xbox. This tracker site showed next to nothing even came available yesterday and they claimed they saw several availability yesterday so hoping to find one real soon.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Everyone list what console you're looking for and then mark off if you get it. The rest of us can keep an eye out for you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Still no console?

I hear ya on this stock thing. I have been wanting to get a 3080 graphics card for the past month or so. Stock is supposed to get better by late Jan/Feb.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
walmart had stock but crashed on me. Got it into cart at best buy and then it said store pickup only and no stores within 200 miles.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a few different VR systems other than Occulus. Like I mentioned, Valve has the Index which is a really good headset but it's pricy and needs a pricy gaming PC. Sony has the PSVR headset for the PS4 (I think it works with the PS5 too). It's along the line of the original Quest for quality. HTC also has the Vive headsets but they're up there in price. I think they're supposed to be really good but I don't know anyone with one due to the price.

I'm way late to this party but I have a 1st gen HTC Vive. It is a good little setup. I haven't played it since I moved out of my house well over a year ago. One of my basestations died but overall it is a great experience.

The boxing game that I have is an absolute workout. I am dripping sweat if I play that game for more than 20 minutes.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm way late to this party but I have a 1st gen HTC Vive. It is a good little setup. I haven't played it since I moved out of my house well over a year ago. One of my basestations died but overall it is a great experience.

The boxing game that I have is an absolute workout. I am dripping sweat if I play that game for more than 20 minutes.

thats one of the biggest selling points for VR for me is boxing games and the like, outside of all the other cool stuff. I know it would be a fun and cool workout.

I recently discovered that the quest only allows one user which is another deterrent for me. To put it on someone elses head but they have to play my game which may be advanced to more difficult modes can make it less user friends for kids, non gamers and etc. I have tried researching who else is coming out with wireless VR but I dont seem to find much. You would think Valve or HTC would be pushing hard to compete with oculus by now.

I'd like something high quality with multiple users in the $500 price point range. That would be ideal. I go have a gaming laptop I could run a plug in VR on but TBH, I kinda want to just sell my gaming laptop because I never really use it vs adding more expensive peripherals to it as a casual and occasional toy to play with.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
thats one of the biggest selling points for VR for me is boxing games and the like, outside of all the other cool stuff. I know it would be a fun and cool workout.

I recently discovered that the quest only allows one user which is another deterrent for me. To put it on someone elses head but they have to play my game which may be advanced to more difficult modes can make it less user friends for kids, non gamers and etc. I have tried researching who else is coming out with wireless VR but I dont seem to find much. You would think Valve or HTC would be pushing hard to compete with oculus by now.

I'd like something high quality with multiple users in the $500 price point range. That would be ideal. I go have a gaming laptop I could run a plug in VR on but TBH, I kinda want to just sell my gaming laptop because I never really use it vs adding more expensive peripherals to it as a casual and occasional toy to play with.

The one user thing might not matter much depending on what you're using it for. Like doing the 360 videos and things like that wouldn't matter. For games it depends a bit on the game. You can play something like Beat Saber or Audica and it doesn't matter since you pick a song each time you play and selecting the difficulty level is part of starting play.

Other games will hopefully let you pick your save file. I haven't bought too many games that would require that yet. Myst just came out last week for the Quest and I believe it let me set different save files. I've only gotten to play it once so far though. Between work and a 8 week old puppy it's been hard to put the headset on.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one user thing might not matter much depending on what you're using it for. Like doing the 360 videos and things like that wouldn't matter. For games it depends a bit on the game. You can play something like Beat Saber or Audica and it doesn't matter since you pick a song each time you play and selecting the difficulty level is part of starting play.

Other games will hopefully let you pick your save file. I haven't bought too many games that would require that yet. Myst just came out last week for the Quest and I believe it let me set different save files. I've only gotten to play it once so far though. Between work and a 8 week old puppy it's been hard to put the headset on.
multiple save files would be helpful or like you explained in beat saber. I also do not have a facebook account nor do I want one so there is that too

also, id like to be able to see what is in the VR on the TV so it could be a group activity and I could also walk novices through things.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
multiple save files would be helpful or like you explained in beat saber. I also do not have a facebook account nor do I want one so there is that too

also, id like to be able to see what is in the VR on the TV so it could be a group activity and I could also walk novices through things.

The Facebook account is a problem. I don't have one either. When I got my Quest they weren't required, you could do an account with Occulus. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when they force them on the old accounts.

You can watch on your TV what's on the headset though chromecast or AirPlay. There's a setting for it. So you just need something on your TV that support either of those protocols. I've done it with both my AppleTV and my nVidia Shield.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. That is one of the big plus's of the Vive. I love watching a lot of the VR games on the TV, just as much as playing.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice. seeing what your friends/family are experiencing as they hop around the room has to be very entertaining.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice. seeing what your friends/family are experiencing as they hop around the room has to be very entertaining.

It really is. My favorite VR game has to be Don't Talk or Everyone Explodes. It has been ported over to consoles, but really shines as a VR game. You have one person that has a bomb in front of them and everyone else in the room has to read a bomb defusal manual. Great having VR that can be played by multiple people at once.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA