2020 Draft

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like VCJ. I think he has the potential to be a very good NBA player--good role player, underrated in this draft. The problem is that he is going to Charlotte, which is probably the worst run franchise in the league. It's where players go to disappear.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting tweet regarding the draft. I doubt Jones is an analytics guy, but it might show the things he values most.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Interesting tweet regarding the draft. I doubt Jones is an analytics guy, but it might show the things he values most.

I looked at this tweet. What is the bottom line metrics that JJ is looking for? Or does he say?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at this tweet. What is the bottom line metrics that JJ is looking for? Or does he say?

Looks like James Jones prefers shooters with a high BPM.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Looks like James Jones prefers shooters with a high BPM.
BPM uses a player's box score information, position, and the team's overall performance to estimate the player's contribution in points above league average per 100 possessions played. BPM does not take into account playing time -- it is purely a rate stat!

League average is defined as 0.0, meaning 0 points above average or below average. Because above-average players play more minutes, there are far more below-average players than above-average players in the league at any time. A value of +5.0 means the team is 5 points per 100 possessions better with the player on the floor than with average production from another player. (In the 2018-19 season, teams averaged around 100 possessions per 48 minute game.)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the the top 10 rookie points per game leaders from the 2020 draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here are the the top 10 rookie points per game leaders from the 2020 draft.

I have always liked Smith, but I still believe we should have taken Haliburton at 10.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Haliburton was BPA at #10 but reportedly there were factors in play causing him to drop to the Kings.

If the Suns were looking for a power forward I liked Jalen Smith and Precious Achiuwa where they were drafting.

Smith was the most skilled of the two but Achiuwa had the more ready to play NBA body.