2020 All Star - Devin Booker

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
When Book sounded iffy being interviewed about his plans
for during the All Star break in the last game, it sure gave
the impression that he knew exactly where he'd be, but
he had to wait for the official announcement.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I guess I just miss the days when a misleading thread title would be quickly changed by a moderator. We still have the "adios Booker" thread intact which was even worse because it was started on the final day of the trade deadline so a lot of people probably thought it was an actual report. Now, of course, there's no reason for a thread title change.
Yes, for sure. I didn't see it until it was a done deal.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I guess I just miss the days when a misleading thread title would be quickly changed by a moderator. We still have the "adios Booker" thread intact which was even worse because it was started on the final day of the trade deadline so a lot of people probably thought it was an actual report. Now, of course, there's no reason for a thread title change.
The Adios Booker thread is awful and the title should have been changed by a moderator.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was boycotting it until this happened.

I was going to do the same. Now that he's in I guess I need to look up the ridiculous new rules. It's not a straight game anymore, I believe they changed it so the score resets every quarter but the 4th quarter will be played based on the total score from the first 3 quarters. I'm not entirely sure because I didn't pay much attention when Booker was snubbed and I didn't plan on watching anything other than Ayton in the rising stars game but now I can skip that since Ayton is out injured.

Edit - Here are the new rules, they're pretty ridiculous. I'm glad they listed an example because this sounds overly complicated. I could see Booker seeing a good amount of time in the 4th, when scoring quick is important.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
Edit - Here are the new rules, they're pretty ridiculous.

My first thought after the reports about schedule changes, mid season tournaments and All Star game changes is that Silver asked for input from Kim Jong-un. And yes, I'd call them ridiculous too. Some of the changes reek of desperation IMO.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Team U.SA.. came back from ten points down at the half to beat Team World by twenty in the Rising Stars game today, to start All Star weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...y-leading-team-usa-to-win-vs-team-world/live/

I arbitrarily chose to root for the U.S.A. team. Ayton was introduced, but if he had been able to play for the World team, I would have rooted for them, of course.

It would have been nice to see a Suns player on the court. Call it what you will, but Deandre is jinxed. I hope his mojo changes during the off-season.

It's time for him to earn his glory and represent the Suns well on the court.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is going to go to the team with Westbrook, Harden and Chris Paul. So it will be interesting to see how much he actually touches the ball.

I think it would be amazing if Lebron told the team to defer to Booker so that he can have a big F you to the league. LOL
So happy to see Book in the game. I'll finally watch again after skipping it for several years.

I actually think having westbrook, harden and paul on the team works in his favor because those guys have been there so many times I doubt they'll have an issue deferring to Book. He seems to have a lot of respect with veteran players, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them helping him have a nice showing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave