2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look, there are only 8 teams left playing. They all should be good. No one is likely to be a cakewalk at this juncture.
This is what makes playoff basketball great. Even the adjustments.

That Nets/Bucks game with the defensive adjustments. Wow.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing that worries me about the Jazz - in those three games we played them - I can remember in at least 2 of them they shot very poorly from 3 and the suns still barely won.

I am looking past Denver, only way suns lose to them is if we lose multiple players to injury.

:stick:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid is playing great, but man, it looks like he’s miserable and laboring on that knee.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers have come alive tonight and lead Atlanta 95-75 at the end of 3rd.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sixers have no answer for Embiid. If healthy I really like their odds against Brooklyn but there isn't nearly enough time for him to get healthy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid is playing great, but man, it looks like he’s miserable and laboring on that knee.

I hate the crap he pulls (for ref calls) but man is that guy special. We'll never see a fully healthy Embiid but if there were such an animal, he'd be one of the top 3 players of all time IMO. He's two way dominant. He's also either the biggest softie or the toughest guy to ever take the court. Gets what appears to be career ending injuries every other game and just as you start to throw dirt on his body he's back dominating the game.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 76ers have come alive tonight and lead Atlanta 95-75 at the end of 3rd.
This game just makes me appreciate our defense... *Knocks on wood before game.

The hawks are playing atrocious on the defensive side. It still wins championships after all. O gets ya there...D finishes it off!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game just makes me appreciate our defense... *Knocks on wood before game.

The hawks are playing atrocious on the defensive side. It still wins championships after all. O gets ya there...D finishes it off!

Suns will need to bring the defense tonight. I'm expecting the Nuggets to come out fired up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is returning to regular schedule next season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should be a fine for KD. Can’t control your hired personnel? Here’s your fine.

I didn't realize it was his personal security. At least that explains why Durant was so willing to get all up in PJ's face and talk trash to a guy that could have ended him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should be a fine for KD. Can’t control your hired personnel? Here’s your fine.

He's KD's personal security but on the Nets payroll. So KD may end up getting a pass. If he weren't on the Nets payroll though I'd think that would be a huge fine or suspension for Durant. Its not right either way, he was the escalator and should have never have gotten involved in a player incident.

KD has proven to be such a cupcake though it wouldn't be surprising to learn he's directed the guy to get involved if he ends up in an on court altercation. If that can be proven then I think there should be a penalty of some sort.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Sixers have no answer for Embiid. If healthy I really like their odds against Brooklyn but there isn't nearly enough time for him to get healthy.

As Shaq would say, Embiid is like the Pythagorean Theorem: there is no answer.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's KD's personal security but on the Nets payroll. So KD may end up getting a pass. If he weren't on the Nets payroll though I'd think that would be a huge fine or suspension for Durant. Its not right either way, he was the escalator and should have never have gotten involved in a player incident.

KD has proven to be such a cupcake though it wouldn't be surprising to learn he's directed the guy to get involved if he ends up in an on court altercation. If that can be proven then I think there should be a penalty of some sort.
KD's reputation is now deep in the tank, probably with the rest of the players in the league. That security guy should be fired and banned from arenas. The Nets should be fined--seven figures.

And if I was reffing the game, I would have let PJ just whack away at KD the rest of the game. Its good I am not a ref I guess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Becky Hammon will interview for head coaching vacancies with Trail Blazers and Magic.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Becky Hammon will interview for head coaching vacancies with Trail Blazers and Magic.

I hope Becky is successful when she does get a head coaching job but I think Portland is the wrong spot for her. There is an expected level of success there and if she doesn't get them to the playoffs and win a round or two then it might end quickly for her. Portland always seems to start seasons slow and that would work against her in the media.

She would have fewer expectations in Orlando, which would probably buy her more time, but I'm not sure if a young developing team would be right for her.

She may be best off waiting for Pop to step aside and taking over in San Antonio.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Becky is successful when she does get a head coaching job but I think Portland is the wrong spot for her. There is an expected level of success there and if she doesn't get them to the playoffs and win a round or two then it might end quickly for her. Portland always seems to start seasons slow and that would work against her in the media.

She would have fewer expectations in Orlando, which would probably buy her more time, but I'm not sure if a young developing team would be right for her.

She may be best off waiting for Pop to step aside and taking over in San Antonio.

Actually I think a rebuilding team like the Magic would be the perfect opportunity for Becky outside of the Spurs. It would be better if there is not pressure on her to win immediately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose