2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Igor Kokoskov may join Dallas as an assistant.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA play-in format will be extended another season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Javale McGee?
Yeah my thought too. Are there just no other American big men anymore? I mean look at all nba teams: jokic, giannis, embiid, Gobert - all foreigners. Look at others - valancius, nurkic, porzingas, capela, vucevic are all foreign. I guess there’s wood and KAT at center. Considering power forwards there’s siakam, sabonis who are foreign. Randle, Collins, Tobias Harris, AD, are american. Too early for Zion?

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
Report: Nets pay for houses for stars’ girlfriends

There’s a lot of things that the Nets do that aren’t kosher. There’s a reason they have this kind of kremlin-esque wall around everything they do. During the middle of COVID, they were working out half the team – well, really, Kyrie, KD and their friends on the team – out in Kobe’s old gym in California. You weren’t allowed to do that during COVID.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wizards are hiring Wes Unseld Jr as their new head coach.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like a foregone conclusion Willie Green of the Suns will be the next head coach for the Pelicans.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now that this season is over. Odds for winning next year's title have been released:

Tied for fifth. That’s some unexpected respect. I suspect we drop quite a bit from those opening odds.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that this season is over. Odds for winning next year's title have been released:

Teams will be healthier and some of those Super teams you can't count on being hurt again. This might have been our best opportunity but we have to have some faith in James Jones. He has done great and I doubt we stand pat. Compared to where this franchise was 2 years ago? Amazing.

Brian in Mesa

BIM™
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams will be healthier and some of those Super teams you can't count on being hurt again. This might have been our best opportunity but we have to have some faith in James Jones. He has done great and I doubt we stand pat. Compared to where this franchise was 2 years ago? Amazing.
Giannis and Khris Middleton were on a team that won only 15 games just 7 seasons ago. That was the Bucks' worst record in franchise history. Things can definitely change quickly.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis and Khris Middleton were on a team that won only 15 games just 7 seasons ago. That was the Bucks' worst record in franchise history. Things can definitely change quickly.

The Suns only won 19 games two seasons ago.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

i kind of disagree I mean I think I can count on Kawhi not being healthy the guy has had what 1 healthy season the last 5 ? Now with this ACL thing.

I think it’s 100% possible AD is out again. He’s another guy with a long track record of being hurt.

I think it’s safe to say Klay might not be there again. What is this 3 years he hasn’t been healthy.

same with the Nets

guys who have history of getting hurt usually don’t get healthier the older they get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal