2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no intention of betting on them but I agree, they are a great value bet. If I were still an active bettor, that's where my money would be going. I'm sure you understand that doesn't mean I believe they will win it, just that they're chances of winning it exceed their odds exceed their odds by a considerable margin. But if I made that bet it would be solely for the money which doesn't interest me anymore.

yeah. With you 100 here.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can't celebrate an easy path to a title while Paul is still in Covid protocols. Im glad the Nets won't be waiting for us but we still have a pretty big task ahead of us in the Clippers. Got to get there first. We've had way too many instances of "If only we had made it to the finals" in our history that adding another seems more likely than overcoming it. We haven't even played game 1 of the WCF yet. We still need 4 more wins to get there.

Its good to see a super team lose, regardless of how it impacts us though.
People here and around the NBA have slept on the Suns through 2 rounds and look where we are.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
That's not going to stick, especially if we win game 1.

I agree that the odds will change AFTER another game is played.

You stated we would be “undisputed favorites” IF MILWAUKEE WON. That happened and uh you’re wrong.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People here and around the NBA have slept on the Suns through 2 rounds and look where we are.

We're sitting here the night before the WCF start. That's not the NBA finals and I'm not going to celebrate who we might see in the finals at this point. Not a single second of either conferences finals has been played yet.

I believe the Suns can get to the finals but they need to stay focused on the team in front of them, not looking down the road The Suns are here because they haven't looked past their opponents. Taking it one game at a time. I'm doing the same. I'm not going to start salivating over a potential finals matchup before we even play a game in the WCF.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
what do those numbers mean? The higher the number means the less chance you have at winning the championship? Sorry I am not a gambler.

You're right on the higher number meaning its less likely. As for the others, if you were to bet $100 dollars on the Bucks winning the title then you'd win $160 if they won, $100 on the Suns would give you $275, and so on.

So you stand to win more if you bet on the Hawks but they're viewed as the least likely to win, so you could win big but its a longshot.

The numbers signify odds but its not easy as easy saying 2 to 1 odds because the odds are a bit more precise than that. However if its listed as a positive then it breaks down like above, betting $100 will win you the amount shown.

itlnsunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is weird to me. The Suns were the favorites before the Bucks Nets game, so why does the winner of the Bucks Nets game then vault them ahead as favorites? Or is this because it was announced Paul was definitely missing game 1?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is weird to me. The Suns were the favorites before the Bucks Nets game, so why does the winner of the Bucks Nets game then vault them ahead as favorites? Or is this because it was announced Paul was definitely missing game 1?

Because they don't analyze it solely as which is the best team. Odds are set to get as much money as possible bet.

itlnsunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
Because they don't analyze it solely as which is the best team. Odds are set to get as much money as possible bet.

If the best team (most likely to win) isn't given the best odds (least return on a successful bet), isn't that unfavorable to the books?

Germz249

Veteran
Reaction score
You're right on the higher number meaning its less likely. As for the others, if you were to bet $100 dollars on the Bucks winning the title then you'd win $160 if they won, $100 on the Suns would give you $275, and so on.

So you stand to win more if you bet on the Hawks but they're viewed as the least likely to win, so you could win big but its a longshot.

The numbers signify odds but its not easy as easy saying 2 to 1 odds because the odds are a bit more precise than that. However if its listed as a positive then it breaks down like above, betting $100 will win you the amount shown.

Thanks for the break down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netsnjkidd