2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is the NBA All-Defensive Teams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Thybulle should not be on this list. He only plays 20 minutes per game. Nowhere near the overall defensive impact that Mikal has in 36 MPG.

Also imagine what Mikal would look like if he could expend all of his energy in 20 minutes and not really have to worry about foul trouble.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thybulle should not be on this list. He only plays 20 minutes per game. Nowhere near the overall defensive impact that Mikal has in 36 MPG.

Also imagine what Mikal would look like if he could expend all of his energy in 20 minutes and not really have to worry about foul trouble.

I'm with you 100%. Mikal is not only asked to defend but asked to score as well. He is also a starter.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score

They only use him when needed, selections are mostly off this year.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Bridges got robbed, but screw it. We aren't here for individual awards, but to win it all. Let's hope the lack of Suns on the all-defensive teams serves as motivation for them to play even harder on that end of the floor for the rest of the postseason.

itlnsunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want watch much of those other guys. For them to get the nod over Mikal, must be some pretty amazing defenders. Seen a bit of Jrue in this nets series. His defense hasn't stood out to me, but maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
I thought Bridges should have been on second team.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know this may not be the popular view on the Suns board, but I think Thybull is a much better on ball defender than Mikal.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
I know this may not be the popular view on the Suns board, but I think Thybull is a much better on ball defender than Mikal.

I agree, its just when they play him and simmons together they both cant shoot.

Bridges was almost lockdown, seems his developing offensive play takes away from his defensive intensity/effectiveness.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Might be true, but again he only has to do it for 20 minutes a game. Could he be that good if he was playing starter minutes and being relied upon to stay out of foul trouble?

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be true, but again he only has to do it for 20 minutes a game. Could he be that good if he was playing starter minutes and being relied upon to stay out of foul trouble?

A lot of this. Imagine if Bridges only had to play 20 minutes of defense a game.