2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like the Jazz are running in mud on defense.

They can't match up with quickness and length of the Clippers forwards who can all shoot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's like the Jazz are running in mud on defense.

They can't match up with quickness and length of the Clippers forwards who can all shoot.
Shoot and drive. They’ve gone almost full positionless basketball other point guard.

SoonerLou

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Might get crushed for this, but I think a healthy Lakers team based on star power would have overwhelmed the Suns eventually. Saw glimpses in game 3.

I really hope the Clippers lose to the Jazz. Cause I'd fear Kawhi/PG in a game 7.

Now I know that sounds off after their failure last year against the Nuggets. Just saying I'd rather not risk playing a series where they have two guys who can be the best players on the floor.

I'd obviously take Book/Paul right now over PG. However, itd be crazy to deny his potential and the fact he's going to get crushed if they lose again.

I'd give the Suns a good shot to beat the Clippers as well, but give me the Jazz all day.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoot and drive. They’ve gone almost full positionless basketball other point guard.

Yeah, they play positionless basketball. They wouldn't even need a point guard except for depth if they had another forward ready to go.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what we all posted before the Nuggets series. I think we beat the Clippers in 5 and Utah in 4 or 5.

hey... I’d love to see either and lean more toward a 5 game series with Utah, but I think matchups bother too much to see 5 with the Clips.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
The clippers having five guys that can drive the hole, with three of them being high level ballhandler/finishers makes them dangerous.

Gobert a inability to take advantage of them going small is a killer for the jazz. I’m concerned Ayton would likewise not take advantage offensively.

Utah is running zero lobs for Rudy out of pick and roll. Suns would uh be doing things much differently.

WhyAlwaysMe

Banned
Reaction score
Suns’ fans PTSD from George running hot from outside in a couple games against us with regular season level defense...lol.

Suns will/would crush Clippers.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might get crushed for this, but I think a healthy Lakers team based on star power would have overwhelmed the Suns eventually. Saw glimpses in game 3.

I really hope the Clippers lose to the Jazz. Cause I'd fear Kawhi/PG in a game 7.

Now I know that sounds off after their failure last year against the Nuggets. Just saying I'd rather not risk playing a series where they have two guys who can be the best players on the floor.

I'd obviously take Book/Paul right now over PG. However, itd be crazy to deny his potential and the fact he's going to get crushed if they lose again.

I'd give the Suns a good shot to beat the Clippers as well, but give me the Jazz all day.

Leonard and George are tough match-ups for the Suns. There is really no defending them when their shots are on target.

As for the Lakers, you play the team in front of you.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To be fair much of what you saw in game 3 was due to Chris Paul being a liability on the court. But you won't get crushed for the opinion that the Lakers best was better than our best, it's been voiced many times here. A healthy Lakers team was beyond us. But no one has seen that healthy Lakers team since the middle of February.

The Clippers are an enigma. Sometimes they look unbeatable and sometimes they just look like a bunch of guys thrown together for the first time.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting the Jazz don't have many point guard options on their regular roster other than Mike Conley. When Conley is out it mostly falls on Mitchell.

Clarkson is more of a combo guard with the focus on shooting guard.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sounds like what we all posted before the Nuggets series. I think we beat the Clippers in 5 and Utah in 4 or 5.

no way.

lf you can’t see the clear difference in talent with Utah and the clippers compared to Denver you just aren’t paying attention.

suns cannot beat the clippers if they play like they are tonight.

I don’t like the notion of going into a series depending on mental weakness of the opponent to win.

really hoping Utah gets their act together quick, but it feels like the clippers have figured out how to defend them.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns’ fans PTSD from George running hot from outside in a couple games against us with regular season level defense...lol.

Suns will/would crush Clippers.

no they will not.

suns will be very lucky to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieMatt