Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Riley loses $25k for directly.saying that James is always welcome back in Miami and that he's left a key under the mat for him. If that key's too old or LeBron forgot where it was, he'll make him another.

While Morey loses $75k for a tweet for saying "Join'em" after Steph praised Seth's performance online.

That doesn't make sense to me.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
Riley loses $25k for directly.saying that James is always welcome back in Miami and that he's left a key under the mat for him. If that key's too old or LeBron forgot where it was, he'll make him another.

While Morey loses $75k for a tweet for saying "Join'em" after Steph praised Seth's performance online.

Morey should get his money back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

They amount to the same thing: “come play for us.” But I assume Riley was explicitly asked about James return so at least he was responding to a question not just independently courting a player.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They amount to the same thing: “come play for us.” But I assume Riley was explicitly asked about James return so at least he was responding to a question not just independently courting a player.

Here's a piece, with video from the interview.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/pat-riley-fined-new-key-comments-lebron.html

Riley was asked whether he was responsible for LeBron coming to Miami or if Wade was since both take credit for it. Riley straight up says if he answered truthfully he'd be excommunicated from the league. Then he follows it up with the key comments.

I don't see how Morey's tweet was deemed worse than that since he was fined 3 times as much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how Morey's tweet was deemed worse than that since he was fined 3 times as much.

Maybe the league is still pissed about Morey costing them all that China money?

More likely though, does anyone know the fine history for either man, especially for tampering violations?

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudy Gobert is Defensive Player of the Year. It's his third.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
People also say midrange jumpers are for fools. Chris Paul. Devin Booker.

This was the secret to Paul Pierce's playoff success. In the playoffs, defenses are going to be more keyed in and offenses aren't going to get their ideal shots. You have to make do with shots in a lower efficiency tier, like mid-range jumpers. If you're well above average with mid-range jumpers, that suddenly becomes immensely valuable when you don't have access to fast-break layups and wide-open threes anymore.

JCSunsfan

Reaction score
This was the secret to Paul Pierce's playoff success. In the playoffs, defenses are going to be more keyed in and offenses aren't going to get their ideal shots. You have to make do with shots in a lower efficiency tier, like mid-range jumpers. If you're well above average with mid-range jumpers, that suddenly becomes immensely valuable when you don't have access to fast-break layups and wide-open threes anymore.
Layman’s way of saying it. Sometimes ya just have to get the buckets that you can get.