2019 Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by LVG, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Should be criminalized.

jf-08 likes this.
  3. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Totally horrible. Instacart needs to change their app though, or I'm not very smart. I've had 2 orders now, both times I start off with a few items and then since my lead time is days, I add things. So i start off tipping 20% and then I add items, but it won't let you increase the tip, you can add items but not tip. Only AFTER your delivery can you add to the tip. My 2nd order was not very well done, 18 eggs not available your subsitution, LaCroix Lemonlime sparkling water, Orange juice without pulp not available the app said do you want with pulp, I approve it, and I get frozen concentrate. I don't fault the driver the app makes bad selections and again this was a 90 dollar order (with tip and delivery) and only 5 dollars in tip, so he's not going to go all out to make me happy. At the end, I changed it to 20% tip because I could. They need to allow you to update the tip as you go so the drivers know you're not intending to screw them.

4. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

Well, it sucks but mostly it should just be fixed by Instacart. For one thing, tipping history ought to be available to the shoppers and at least during this crisis, there probably should be a fixed minimum percentage.

5. AzStevenCal

Well, if we're going to "fix" Instacart, I'd also like to have the ability to put items into an all or nothing grouping. What good does it do me to get the corn tortillas, the cheddar cheese, the tomatoes, the lettuce, the onions and not get the ground beef?

6. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Totally agree it should be like Uber, and maybe it is, where the drivers can see in advance hey this person has a history of lowering their tip. Totally agree on the fixed too you can go above it but not below that would be fair.

I have to admit I wondered with my last order did I not get as good a selection because my tip was low. I fully intended to increase it but unless I did the chat with the driver and told him that(I didn't) he has no way of knowing that. I've scoured the app both on my phone and on PC, I can't find a way to increase the tip until after your order is delivered.

I guess the idea is the tip is based on service so if you get your order and arent' happy, you can reduce the tip, but right now the thing seems unfair to the drivers

AzStevenCal likes this.
  7. Luciano

Luciano Registered

Florida has a Florida man doing Florida man things as a governor...

8. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

He is certifiable.

9. Kel Varnsen

elindholm and Luciano like this.
  10. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Vegan tacos are still good...all tacos are good. As a hedge you should also order cauliflower, because you can mash it up and cook it with the taco seasoning and it’s a great alternative.

Jersey Girl and Kel Varnsen like this.
  11. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

About to hit 18K in the US, 14K of them in April

12. Kel Varnsen

LVG and DemsMyBoys like this.
  13. Luciano

Luciano Registered

14. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Some interesting information about Covid-19 being present early in Arizona.

This is from an azcentral article:

Researchers in Arizona analyzed the genetic makeup of more than 100 samples of the new coronavirusfrom patients with COVID-19 and believe they have found one dominant strain of the virus circulating in Arizona.

The strain seems to be connected to strains from Europe and is thought to have established itself in Arizona in early March, according to Michael Worobey, head of the University of Arizona's Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...-strain-of-coronavirus-in-arizona/2972097001/

There was even a case in January that looks like it didn't establish itself.

This virus was roaming around early and not being recognized. Can't help but wonder how many people were seriously ill or died because of lack of testing or lack of recognition.

15. AzStevenCal

I mostly agree on the "all tacos are good" but AFAIC if there is no meat or at least beans, it's not a taco. We've tried using cauliflower as a replacement in several meals and none of them have passed the taste test for us. And Tabasco can only fix so much.

Ouchie-Z-Clown and Luciano like this.