2019 NFL Draft Scouting Thread

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing this about the raiders wanting a QB...everyone is completely overlooking that Gruden LOVES him some Carr.... the dudes have been on a whirlwind bromance the past couple months. Carr isnt going anywhere and the raiders will draft Bosa if they get the chance.

Chuckie tough loved Carr and it seems to have worked.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
IMHO the Cards need a complete TE- Seals-Jones is a pass catching TE,Gresham is a non-factor.The top TEs -Albert Okwugbuam(SP) is a diva according to one draft site.Fant,Wilson, both Pass catching TEs.
The best run blocking TEs according to early checking

Zach Gentry 6-8 262 Michigan-solid run blocker 32 catches 514 yds 2 tds in 2018
Foster Moreau LSU 6-6 256 22 catches 272 yds 2 tds -Senior Bowl invite because of his blocking skills
Tommy Sweeney Boston College 6-5 260 32 catches 348 yds 3 tds in 2018
Matt Sokol Michigan state 6-6 260 8 catches 100 yds 1 td

Kaden Smith Stanford-good receiving TE who has some blocking skills.

Gentry,Moreau,Sweeney all look like solid blockers who can make the short under catches.
Albert O is by far the best of the bunch...a little touch of diva is to be expected...but I hear he is a great team guy

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Chuckie tough loved Carr and it seems to have worked.
Carrs numbers show it over the past six weeks or so. all they are working on now are reads...so that Carr audibles to a quick slant instead of the run....he is quickly becoming the perfect guy for Chuckies offense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have no idea what in the blue hell you were watching then.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

& that’s not even close to the amount plays he made last night. I feel like you wasn’t even watching the right Jersey.
Watch the second vid again. He gets great penetration then stops pursuing. When he realizes the play is still going he finds the nearest o lineman, weakly puts a shoulder into him and falls down all in his own. He was literally looking to be done with that play as soon as he wanted to be done with it. That was lame.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
My draft notes ;

Do not take a DT at #1 in a draft overloaded with DTs if ever. DTs are becoming unimportant against the NFL Spread.

Easton Stick QB NDSU may be the best overall offensive player in the draft and likely will not go in the 1st round.

Marquis Brown will be overvalued in draft.

Daniel Jones QB Duke will be a 1st round pick.

If Bosa does not go #1 the draft will be wild. He could be the bait if a team wants to trade with Cards.

Beware over rated and worn out Alabama players.

If Mitch Lawrence was eligible he would be the runaway #1 pick.

I don't know man, Aaron Donald's been making an impact on the field and he's a DT. There's debate how he should win the MVP this year.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I don't know man, Aaron Donald's been making an impact on the field and he's a DT. There's debate how he should win the MVP this year.
Having a penetrating DT is a massive advantage for a defense. Can't see a DT going #1 though...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I disagree as well. The traditional DT, yes. A penetrating, pass rushing, run stopping DT changes the defense. Granted, there aren't many out there but Grady Jarrett is another one (and a FA).

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron is unique, but he was not drafted #1 ( he was a gift ). Most, if not all DTs are run stoppers 1st.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think DTs have value in the one way to disrupt quick passing games is pressure up the gut

Add interior pressure to Chandler Jones and the pass rush hits another level

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t write of Seals-Jones. The entire offensive production was down with this last regime. When evaluating any player on offense we need to look back two years. Worst coached team in the nfl last year.
I usually don't feel comfortable criticizing a player (They have jobs to do) but I can't rid myself of the image of passes repeatedly bouncing off the hands and arms of Seals-Jones.

I think some fans like him because he's the best of a very weak position group. I'm not sure if I'd even want him as a backup.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Aaron is unique, but he was not drafted #1 ( he was a gift ). Most, if not all DTs are run stoppers 1st.

Q Will has pass rushing capabilities though. He played well in the SEC which is a highly regarded conference. I think it would be a mistake to pass on him. I'm not enamored with Bosa at all, his family's history with injuries plus the ones he's had are concerning.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I usually don't feel comfortable criticizing a player (They have jobs to do) but I can't rid myself of the image of passes repeatedly bouncing off the hands and arms of Seals-Jones.

I think some fans like him because he's the best of a very weak position group. I'm not sure if I'd even want him as a backup.

Agreed Jeff, he has weak hands. Defenders are constantly swiping the ball out of his hands when he attempts to make a catch.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Until we know what defensive scheme ARZ will be running next year its hard to project which DL will fit best. However, OL & WR are needed no matter what scheme the offense is. I would focus heavily on those positions in the draft. I would love to get Harry but I think PHX goes with a DL, OL or LB (Josh Allen in trade down) with their 1st rounder.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
lately there have been a bunch of kids coming out who played their highschool football in AZ that would have been nice fits for the Cards--

last year I was pimping Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews (TE -- went to Balt) and Isiah Oliver (CB - went to Atl)

this year:

Byron Murphy, CB Washington. Just declared. First round grade, but might be available in the 2nd (played at Saguaro High with Christian Kirk iirc)