2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Hoop Head, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I can't find it on the NBA site but Hoops Hype and someone else has it and neitehr one says the team has to be unaware of the injury at the time they sign the player. If that's true then clearly they can't use it on Durant or Klay. Note, both are currently being discussed on Bay area sports radio and tv so if neither is eligible, nobody in the Bay area seems to know that.

2. Russ Smith

I don't like Bol I think he's going to be an injury plagued guy.

Porter is getting lots of hype right now it's being said he might get into the top 5 if he works out well. I had him pegged for late lottery before. Very talented kid. I picked on him quite a bit during the season, very immature. I've since learned that his dad was shot and killed when Porter was 4 years old. I actually initially thougth he was related to Kevin Porter the ex NBA player but that's not his dad just had the same name, his dad was in HS in the 90's apparently. So I can somewhat better understand Porter's lack of maturity growing up without a dad due to murder.

I actually think Langford is a fascinating story too I really hope if he's there the Warriors consider him. Lots of people don't seem to realize how bad his hand injury was at IU, there were reports people thought he was coasting but apparently that's not even remotely true. Had a very painful injury, played through it, significantly impacted his shooting, then missed the end of the year due to a back problem.

This year the Warriors need a steal a kid late in the first that should have gone much earlier, Langford is high on my list.

3. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

A link to Coon's CBA stuff was posted earlier, it makes clear that a team cannot acquire a player with a known injury and then seek relief, they need to be unaware of the injury. It also makes no reference for a team being able to use it on a player that they just signed out of free agency. Again, I just cannot imagine the logic for a team knowing a guy is injured, giving them a new contract and then getting relief for the already known injury, the text seems to preclude the idea. It's like getting fire insurance on a house that already burned down.

If Durant opts in they can use it for sure though.

4. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

I really like Bol— certainly not because of his defense, which is suspect— but I love that he’s a big who can really he run the floor in transition and is very athletic.

5. Russ Smith

OK I missed your last sentence on first read. Yes if KD takes the option they can use the DPE. With Klay there is no player option so they'd be signing him to a new deal.

I just read an article that agrees with you on Klay it says for all the bay area talk of an injury exception for Klay, the Warriors could not use it on him.

6. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

So earlier, Klay not making the All NBA Teams, Golden State already got a break on the max contract they would be able to pay him. I think you just make up the contract for that amount at this point and offer it to Klay. Really, you are going to nitpick him at this point? I put him above Draymond. If anyone could take a haircut or walk, it would be Draymond, imho. Not knocking his play, just I prioritize Klay over Draymond. Plus, someone else would pay Draymond, but with his emotional issues, would they max him?

7. Western Font

Western Font Registered

8. leclerc

leclerc The smooth operator

Congratulations to the Raptors and thanks so much for beating the stupid dubs/Town/clowns.

So the Suns sucked for yet another season (even after getting #1) but at least Lakers/Spurs/Leflop or GS didn't walk it in.

Next year? We'll suck again. Thanks Sarver, you guys are really successful chaps. We love your product.

All the best.

:moon:

Ronin and BC867 like this.
  9. 95pro

95pro Registered

Some people got shot...

10. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

What happened ?

11. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Some idiots fired into the parade crowd

12. LoyaltyisaCurse

#Class

Hoop Head likes this.
  13. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

Good way to attract Kawhi Leonard. ;)

14. LoyaltyisaCurse

:devil:

Yuma likes this.
  15. Russ Smith

Windhorst is speculating the Warriors could sign Durant to a 5 year deal, let him rehab, and then trade him to the Knicks or someone else he likes. That way they reward him for 2 titles and playing hurt, and he rewards them by giving them a chip to trade.