2019 Free Agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That it just about guarantees he’s getting waived right before it guarantees.

Seems like how these usually work out. I don’t know how he finds any playing time on that roster.

Bender should have probably tried Europe but I admire him for giving himself another opportunity in the NBA.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bender should have probably tried Europe but I admire him for giving himself another opportunity in the NBA.

I don't know the specifics of his contract but all contracts are guaranteed for the season come early January so if Bender can crack the opening day roster, perhaps he can show enough to get another look from someone else if it doesn't work out with Milwaukee.

I would think his guarantee date is either in January, like most deals, or opening day. Teams don't mess around that much with guarantee dates unless that date falls after the season is over, sometime in July, so it can be used in a trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of his contract but all contracts are guaranteed for the season come early January so if Bender can crack the opening day roster, perhaps he can show enough to get another look from someone else if it doesn't work out with Milwaukee.

I would think his guarantee date is either in January, like most deals, or opening day. Teams don't mess around that much with guarantee dates unless that date falls after the season is over, sometime in July, so it can be used in a trade.

Sure, this is what Bender is hoping, that he can make the roster after the guarantee date. His hopes may rest upon him developing a dependable 3 point shot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are details of Bender's contract with the Bucks.

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42

Milwaukee has made it official on the signing of Dragan Bender. $300K protected in Y1 ($1.7M) that increases to $600K if not waived by the team’s first game of the season. Non-guaranteed in Y2 ($1.8M with an early July trigger date.

10:59 AM - 30 Jul 2019

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Bender is cut before the first game and ends up in Russia after all.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Bender is cut before the first game and ends up in Russia after all.
Or turns out to be a decent player as he finally has a coach who specializes in getting the most out of players...esp foreign

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA