2019 Free Agency

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by JCSunsfan, Jul 11, 2018.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

man... that is a really good way of looking at that. hope that's the case.

2. 1Sun

1Sun Banned

Indeed.

3. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

It’s a stupid statement. His job is to run the offense and get the other players in the best position to score. He does that well.

More than 50% of his assists are finished at the rim which means not only is he doing that job but more than half of the time he is getting his guys easy shots.

4. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

You’ve got to hand it to the guy. I didn’t like how he forced his way from San Antonio but he’s played his hand perfectly to this point. Uncle Dennis isn’t the freak show we all thought he was.

5. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

he played the entire league like a harp from hell. Very impressive.

6. Western Font

Western Font Registered

I’m not really on the Kawhi-is-a-genius train, but don’t mean that as a dig, either. He signed with one of three teams on his shortlist, and the one to which he’s been linked longest. And he recruited in a manner that seems to be NBA reality now. But credit for keeping things quiet and not tripping over himself (see: Lakers, AD, LeBron).

7. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks ASFN Contributor Contributor

Definitely not a huge fan of him recruiting someone who was under contract with a team to ask for a trade. Just seems like some pretty shady dealing to me, but it might be better for OKC in the long run as they weren't close to doing anything meaningful with the core that they had.

8. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

What your comparing Booker to Skelton? ugh

9. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

Gambo in a recent tweet thinks the Suns are looking to add a third power forward.

Let it be Trey Lyles. It would totally make my off season.

jlove and Hoop Head like this.
  10. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

I'd like to see the Suns sign one of the guys you campaign for here. I'm indifferent on Lyles but I'm happy with this offseason so far. If we can sign Spalding to a two-way or minimum deal then that would be the cherry on my offseason sundae.

I'd give them a B+ either way. If Oubre signed for longer, I'd give them an A but a 2 year deal can't be extended, so I have to knock them for that some. A 3 year deal with a player option could have been, which probably would have been the way to go but I'm happy with the price he was signed at so I'll give them credit for that.

jlove, CardsSunsDbacks and Mainstreet like this.
  11. Raindog

Raindog Registered

I would agree with that. A decent off-season overall now that Oubre is back. We really need to see some growth from Ayton, hopefully Oubre continues to show upside, and if the rookies can contribute at all, the Suns might actually improve by 10 to 20 wins, even with the West being tougher.

I would consider that a very positive season.

12. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Unlike a lot of other players, Oubre isn't a sure thing. I hate player options because the team is basically held hostage by that player, and if we're positioning ourselves in 2 years to be major free agency players (and it looks like we are), then the 2 year deal will look brilliant in hindsight, especially if Oubre doesn't improve over what he's been.

SirStefan32 likes this.
  13. SirStefan32

SirStefan32 Krycek, Alex Krycek

AND if he improves and becomes a legit third star... the Suns can give him more money and more years than any other team. Win-Win situation.

14. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Ok. I grant you, the theoretical possibility is there but realistically, Oubre is never going to be a max money guy where the home team advantage will matter. He is a starter caliber player. He will never be a star. IMO he will be gone in two years. Both Mikal and Cam will have developed by them or maybe we will have added another SF starter level.

Who knows, the Sun might be ready to compete then and will be adding Paul George to make their title run.

15. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

Does a 2 year deal dissolve his bird rights?