2019 five round mock

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
first off...only five rounds because honestly who can track players well enough to guess three players in both the sixth and seventh rounds? Those guys will mostly be developmental guys anyway.

secondly,...this mock involves a huge trade. before you poo poo the trade...think about it a little.........then poopoo it I guess, lol.

Trade. Arizona trades the #1 overall pick to the Washington Redskins. The skins have history with making big draft day trades and this year they do it again.

skins get #1 overall and draft Kyler Murray... snyder loves him some mobile QB's... with Murray they get the accurate game manager they had with Smith who can protect the ball, while also getting the electric running and scrambling that they coveted so badly with RGIII...all balled up into a single player...this has snyder drooling all over his draft board and they make the deal.

Arizona gets #15, #46, and #76 this year...along with 2020's 1st and second round picks...and QB Case Keenum... thats 2 ones, 2 twos and a three..and Keenum.

why add case keenum?? He knows KK's basic offense and they want him to help Rosen pick up the concepts while also providing a valuable backup who knows the system. He is on a very reasonable one year deal for only 3.5mil.... Hundley will be released in the pre season.

The trade allows Keim to fill in slots on the team with youth... its what we need in order to build a dynasty...we just have to hit on the picks but have two picks in the first and second rounds for this year and next go a long way in infusing young talent to the team.

The picks.

#15....Jonah Williams ...OT-Bama.
Williams is a swing tackle. He can play RT every day and sub in at LT for a game or two if needed. Keim wanted a pure LT at this spot but there wasnt one available who was as reliable as Williams...but he may ddevelop as well.

#33.....Brian Burns....Edge-Florida State.
the draft is deep on defense but the first round sees a run on the limited choice for OT's and a few surprise QB's and that allows Burns to slide to 33. He provides us a young edge rusher to compliment Jones and is almost a clone.

#46.....Parris Campbell...WR- Ohio St.
Campbell is small, shifty, and fast... these guys traditionally fall on draft day because teams like size guys like DK Metcalf with their early picks so we get him in the middle of the second round. Campbell is a perfect WR for our new offense I suspect...a guy who can catch the ball in space and use his quickness to make something happen...while he may be used often for bubble screens, campbells 4.3 speed can also surprise the defense by blowing the lid off when we decide to go deep.....JJ Nelson, with hands.

#65.....Caleb Wilson....TE- UCLA.
Wilson was Josh Rosens most reliable target at UCLA as he had zero WR's who were worthy of an early round pick in the draft. A good receiving TE who will proved our young QB with an outlet he is already comfortable with. This pick fills a need while also while also giving Rosen anothe guy, like Kirk, that he has history with.

#76.....Greg Gaines...NT-Washington.
Gaines is as close to a true NT as this draft has. While he has good get off and a history of getting some pressure up the middle, his purpose is to eat up blocks and stuff the run. we need youth in the middle of the dline and Gaines can help us get back to being a dominant run stuffing defense.

#103.....Jamel Dean....CB-Auburn.
Dean has decent length and excellent speed...a 4.3 guy like campbell he can run with anybody in the NFL. His strength is press man coverage which fits our defense...his main weakness is his hips are a little stiff but he is a great value pick here and should develop.

#139.....Miles Boykin....WR-Notre Dame.
Boykin is the opposite of campbell...he is long and lean, and while he has decent speed at 4.4 it is long speed. He has been compared to a young T.O. The kid is fully capable when it comes to 50/50 balls and making that outstretched one handed catch. he only had one great year in college, but it was last year...so we can expect production while also expecting improvement over the next couple seasons.

our remaining picks ar 174,179,207,248,249,and 254... I expect to see these picks filled out with a couple DB's and trench guys...guards and DE's etc.

well there ya go. My crazy 2019 mock draft. Blast away.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great effort but:

- Definitely against trading back past 6. 15 is just a big hell no.

- Brian Burns is nowhere near falling that low.

- Way too early for Caleb Wilson.

- Way too early for Greg Gaines.

My criticisms.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I would have to see who is available.

The trade is fine, I would not complain about the trade.

I would not be happy with this draft tho. Not a fan of Burns, Campbell, Wilson, or Gaines. Jamel Dean is a beast of an athlete but is EXTREMELY injury prone to be taken that early.

Like Miles Boykin, tho.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Great effort but:

My criticisms.
part of my thinking on trading to 15 was the addition of Keenum while also getting a first and second for next years draft.
I agree on burns...he could go as high as 15 if someone loves him. But every year somebody falls into the second....thats what makes 33 such a valuable pick. I considered Burns at 15 but there would be no OT's worth picking at 33 so I went with the hope he falls.

might be too early for Gaines, but as a 3-4 team we need a true NT at some point and there just arent many of them out there right now.
I picked wilson maybe a round early... but it was due to him being a comfort blanket for Rosen...and Keim has been known to take a guy a round early at times.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Believe it or not I'm starting to see a few mocks with the Cards Trading the pick some to Oakland some to to Washington and one or two to the Giants

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mock drafts are more fun to look at when there isnt a random guess trade

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
might be too early for Gaines, but as a 3-4 team we need a true NT at some point and there just arent many of them out there right now.
If you want a true NT, Dexter Lawrence is better

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
mock drafts are more fun to look at when there isnt a random guess trade
I generally agree. But I have recently seen lots of mocks that have us trading and none of the trades really made any sense. So I decided to try a mock with a trade that makes more sense in regards to the two teams involved...seems to me, washington is the one that makes the most sense based on history and team needs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I generally agree. But I have recently seen lots of mocks that have us trading and none of the trades really made any sense. So I decided to try a mock with a trade that makes more sense in regards to the two teams involved...seems to me, washington is the one that makes the most sense based on history and team needs.
No worries, just opening my pie hole.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If we trade back to 15, we better have like 7,000,000 day 1 and day 2 picks this year and next

Reactions: Kai

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
First..... I would even think twice if that was the trade haul we could land.

I wont quibble too much with your selections but will say that I think many will go earlier than you project.

I really think Oakland would be the partner to trade with, but continue to convince myself that Mayock would go crazy if they gave up the farm to move up. It goes against everything he has said on draft day for years.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great effort but:

My criticisms.

We need above average possible great players
Trading we would add quantity but not the quality this team need to change the sort of the following season

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jonas Williams is overrated and probably would need couple of season before offering adequate performances

Bryan burns is Attachou clone, speed and not much else

Caleb Wilson is a third day pick

Parris Campbell im not sure is the receiver we need

I do my selections

1 kyler Murray
Rosen traded for pick 37

Lindstroem at 33

Hakeem butler at 37

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
first off...only five rounds because honestly who can track players well enough to guess three players in both the sixth and seventh rounds? Those guys will mostly be developmental guys anyway.

secondly,...this mock involves a huge trade. before you poo poo the trade...think about it a little.........then poopoo it I guess, lol.

Trade. Arizona trades the #1 overall pick to the Washington Redskins. The skins have history with making big draft day trades and this year they do it again.

skins get #1 overall and draft Kyler Murray... snyder loves him some mobile QB's... with Murray they get the accurate game manager they had with Smith who can protect the ball, while also getting the electric running and scrambling that they coveted so badly with RGIII...all balled up into a single player...this has snyder drooling all over his draft board and they make the deal.

Arizona gets #15, #46, and #76 this year...along with 2020's 1st and second round picks...and QB Case Keenum... thats 2 ones, 2 twos and a three..and Keenum.

why add case keenum?? He knows KK's basic offense and they want him to help Rosen pick up the concepts while also providing a valuable backup who knows the system. He is on a very reasonable one year deal for only 3.5mil.... Hundley will be released in the pre season.

The trade allows Keim to fill in slots on the team with youth... its what we need in order to build a dynasty...we just have to hit on the picks but have two picks in the first and second rounds for this year and next go a long way in infusing young talent to the team.

The picks.

Williams is a swing tackle. He can play RT every day and sub in at LT for a game or two if needed. Keim wanted a pure LT at this spot but there wasnt one available who was as reliable as Williams...but he may ddevelop as well.

the draft is deep on defense but the first round sees a run on the limited choice for OT's and a few surprise QB's and that allows Burns to slide to 33. He provides us a young edge rusher to compliment Jones and is almost a clone.

Campbell is small, shifty, and fast... these guys traditionally fall on draft day because teams like size guys like DK Metcalf with their early picks so we get him in the middle of the second round. Campbell is a perfect WR for our new offense I suspect...a guy who can catch the ball in space and use his quickness to make something happen...while he may be used often for bubble screens, campbells 4.3 speed can also surprise the defense by blowing the lid off when we decide to go deep.....JJ Nelson, with hands.

Wilson was Josh Rosens most reliable target at UCLA as he had zero WR's who were worthy of an early round pick in the draft. A good receiving TE who will proved our young QB with an outlet he is already comfortable with. This pick fills a need while also while also giving Rosen anothe guy, like Kirk, that he has history with.

Gaines is as close to a true NT as this draft has. While he has good get off and a history of getting some pressure up the middle, his purpose is to eat up blocks and stuff the run. we need youth in the middle of the dline and Gaines can help us get back to being a dominant run stuffing defense.

Dean has decent length and excellent speed...a 4.3 guy like campbell he can run with anybody in the NFL. His strength is press man coverage which fits our defense...his main weakness is his hips are a little stiff but he is a great value pick here and should develop.

Boykin is the opposite of campbell...he is long and lean, and while he has decent speed at 4.4 it is long speed. He has been compared to a young T.O. The kid is fully capable when it comes to 50/50 balls and making that outstretched one handed catch. he only had one great year in college, but it was last year...so we can expect production while also expecting improvement over the next couple seasons.

our remaining picks ar 174,179,207,248,249,and 254... I expect to see these picks filled out with a couple DB's and trench guys...guards and DE's etc.

well there ya go. My crazy 2019 mock draft. Blast away.

I like what you've done here. It allows for this option, as well:

Let's say both Murray and Haskins are off the board at #6...That's way too early for the Giants to draft someone like Lock or Jones. So they trade with the Cards, getting that 2020 1st from Redskins and a comp 3rd in 2019. The Cards can now get an impact Defensive player that has fallen...possibly QW or similar...and they still have the 2 and 3 from Washington.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jonas Williams is overrated and probably would need couple of season before offering adequate performances

Bryan burns is Attachou clone, speed and not much else

Caleb Wilson is a third day pick

Parris Campbell im not sure is the receiver we need

I do my selections

1 kyler Murray
Rosen traded for pick 37

Lindstroem at 33

Hakeem butler at 37
Bad take is bad.

This actually describes your guy Josh Allen.

Jonah is far from overrated. Just doesn’t have the best length, but Joe Thomas didn’t either.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not a fan of Campbell at that spot. He's a guy with speed, but doesn't take the top of the defense.

I'd be shocked if Brian Burns is available at #33. IMO Brians might go late top ten, he's best pure pass rusher in the draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bad take is bad.

This actually describes your guy Josh Allen.

Jonah is far from overrated. Just doesn’t have the best length, but Joe Thomas didn’t either.

Montez Sweat is speed and nothing else. Burns has moves and bend.

I read where one scout said that Jonah can be a serviceable tackle, really good guard, and All Pro Center. Basically great feet, but will struggle with power in the NFL. With the make up of the current Cardinals offensive line, the team can use upgrades at either guard or tackle.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Sorry Oak but if the Cards move down to halfway in the draft from #1, Keim better have his bags packed! He will heavily be criticized by the fans, media & former NFL peeps like nobody ever before & rightfully so!! Trading the #1 pick & outside of the top 7 imo is just plain foolish & I don’t think will even be a consideration.

You really trust this franchise to trade down that low from the perch & hit HRs when it has struggled in round 1 period? Btw yeah I think Jonah Williams isn’t a good NFL OT either

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First..... I would even think twice if that was the trade haul we could land.

I wont quibble too much with your selections but will say that I think many will go earlier than you project.

I really think Oakland would be the partner to trade with, but continue to convince myself that Mayock would go crazy if they gave up the farm to move up. It goes against everything he has said on draft day for years.

Yes and no on Mayock. Throw out all rules and beliefs when trying to get your franchise QB.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the idea.. Anything to get us off of fighting over who to take at #1! Here is my shot with these picks

15. DT Wilkins

33. OL Risner

46. WR Deebo

65. Edge Winovich

76. TE Sternberger

103. OT Tytus Howard/Chuma Edoga

139. CB Corey Ballentine/ King of Pop

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like the idea.. Anything to get us off of fighting over who to take at #1! Here is my shot with these picks

15. DT Wilkins

33. OL Risner

46. WR Deebo

65. Edge Winovich

76. TE Sternberger

Like this one more. Walk away with a good d end, OL prospect, starting WR, backup edge player who can maybe be a starter or at least backup and core ST, receiving TE, OL prospect (Edoga has football character red flags...stay away), and corner.

It wouldnt be too sexy, but fills holes in the roster and adds good depth. Realistic.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

15. DT Wilkins

33. OL Risner

46. WR Deebo

65. Edge Winovich

76. TE Sternberger

Those are nice picks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members