2019 Draft Prospects...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Deep Sleeper: Jalen Lecque (pending eligibility request as a 5th year senior)

6-4 PG/SG. Crazy athletic. Insane hops. Goes to the basket hard. Intense. Plays with a massive chip on his shoulder. Makes jaw dropping plays at the rim.

RAW as all get. Needs work on his shot: right elbow needs tightening and his ball rotation is ugly. But it's fixable. Tons to learn. He's projected in the 2nd round. Way more upside than Bowman and Edwards as far as 2nd round "PG" prospects. (None of them are PGs by my definition, but then I'm fairly certain true PGs are going the way of the dinosaurs).

No, he isn't really a great fit for the Suns right now. I'm just prospect watching. I think this kid has some IT to him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks a lot like Okobo and Melton.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot like Okobo and Melton.

Nobody seems to get why Lecque is going into the draft he was highly rated but most people weren't even sure he's a 1 and done because of the questionable guard skills. He's better but he's similar to Kerwin Roach of Texas a freak athlete but not good enough at anything guard related. Lecque looks to be a better shooter than Roach but same thing not a PG, not a good enough shooter to be a 2. Similar to the guy Hamidou Diallo except smaller, freaky athlete, needs to learn to play basketball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not official but we're hearing very likely Moses Brown of UCLA will enter the draft. I think he's so far removed from a NBA prospect right now it's crazy but the claim is he made the decision to go months ago and at this point almost has to go.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this mentioned on Twitter. It takes place May 12th, 13th, and 14th. It's sort of a change to the combine and draft camps that are held.

It's touted as a "– Three-Day Event to Feature NBA Draft-Eligible Players and NBA G League Players –"

Replacing the NBA G League Elite Mini Camp, the new event will give prospects eligible for the 2019 NBA Draft an opportunity to showcase their skills in front of NBA and NBA G League scouts, coaches and front office executives. The event will also continue to give top NBA G League prospects from the previous season a chance to be evaluated. The NBA G League players will attend the first two days of the NBA G League Elite Camp and the 2019 NBA Draft prospects will participate in the second and third days, without overlap between the two groups of athletes

I would imagine 2nd round picks and Summer League players will benefit greatly from this as well as G-League talent. How good the talent that participates is debatable but I think this will help teams know what's out there and it also allows them to see players go up against more skilled players. I know that G-League talent isn't NBA talent but if this attracts the top G-League players then it's much closer to NBA talent than what draft eligible players faced in college.

Here's a little more about it...

A select number of players from the draft-eligible group will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp.

The draft-eligible participants for the NBA G League Elite Camp and the invitees to the NBA Draft Combine will both be determined by an NBA team vote. Once the NBA Draft Combine participants are finalized, the top remaining 40 vote-getters will be invited to the last two days of the Elite Camp.

Link for info. This was done back in February but the list of players involved is starting to take shape, apparently.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not official but we're hearing very likely Moses Brown of UCLA will enter the draft. I think he's so far removed from a NBA prospect right now it's crazy but the claim is he made the decision to go months ago and at this point almost has to go.

Reports are none of the lists out now show Brown having declared, the deadline is passed, and yet everyone at UCLA doesn't expect him back so they don't know what is goign on. He's not been at any of the workouts with the new coaching staff.

Very odd.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well at least the FBI trial finally explained why Robert Williams of A&M fell off his last year in college. Must be pretty hard to play with 11 thousand in cash stuffed in your shoes.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
These guys have the ball in their hands a LOT, and face double teams more than most players. There will be turn overs based on just the amount of time they have the ball.
Turnovers alone don't tell the story, especially for primary playmakers. Assist/TO ratio is what truly matters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson