2019 6th round pick 2 is Lamont Gaillard C

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like Thorn's analysis overall.

I haven't seen enough to say whether Cole or Gaillard should start moving forward, but I do know that we have two capable offensive linemen between the two of them. Honestly, as long as he isn't a liability, I don't see why you would move off of Gaillard. Ride it til it goes off the rails.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I haven't seen enough to say whether Cole or Gaillard should start moving forward, but I do know that we have two capable offensive linemen between the two of them. Honestly, as long as he isn't a liability, I don't see why you would move off of Gaillard. Ride it til it goes off the rails.

How about one of them takes over for Sweezy, who has been really bad

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree.

Keep Gaillard in there and let him develop and learn.

Cole can heal up and concentrate on backing up multiple spots

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good news is Keim is starting to find talent in the draft. And or Kugler knows how to develop talent.
I feel like I am more inclined to believe Kugler knows how to develop linemen over Keim suddenly figuring out how to draft them. Also, I am sure Kugler's development of our players gives him more say in terms of which linemen are on our draft boards or FAs we pursue.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like I am more inclined to believe Kugler knows how to develop linemen over Keim suddenly figuring out how to draft them. Also, I am sure Kugler's development of our players gives him more say in terms of which linemen are on our draft boards or FAs we pursue.

And who starts when all are healthy.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Here’s what I posted,
“He was on my last still available. There were scouts that thought he might be the best center in the draft. He's mean (I like that). He’s strong and he’s tough. He started for 3 years and was never challenged. He comes off the snap quickly with an agressive attitude against anyone who gets in his way. He loves to mow down opponents taking them out of the play. He doesn’t quit until the whistle.

There’s really nothing he can’t do. He can pull and hit people on the run and just keeps looking for people to hit. The only small criticism I have is sometimes he gets so anxious to hit a second person he does not finish off the first guy. That’s coachable. In pass protection he anchors like a rock and will work to keep the hands down of the defender he’s blocking. There’s every reason to believes if he comes to camp in shape he will be the starting center or at least challenge to start.”

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Here’s what I posted,
“He was on my last still available. There were scouts that thought he might be the best center in the draft. He's mean (I like that). He’s strong and he’s tough. He started for 3 years and was never challenged. He comes off the snap quickly with an agressive attitude against anyone who gets in his way. He loves to mow down opponents taking them out of the play. He doesn’t quit until the whistle.

There’s really nothing he can’t do. He can pull and hit people on the run and just keeps looking for people to hit. The only small criticism I have is sometimes he gets so anxious to hit a second person he does not finish off the first guy. That’s coachable. In pass protection he anchors like a rock and will work to keep the hands down of the defender he’s blocking. There’s every reason to believes if he comes to camp in shape he will be the starting center or at least challenge to start.”

And he did all that in the SEC :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose